Girls Day

It was about a couple days later, Thursday to be exact. I decided to stay in Boston for another day or two. Layla and Kaitlyn also stayed, because we had arranged a day to spend together, and that was today. I was still sleeping, and in the middle of a dream. 

It was a long day of promoting one of the shows, and I had come back to my room to relax for the afternoon. Just as I had laid down to relax, there was a knocking on the door. I groan and get up, answering the door. I expected it to be Layla or Kaitlyn or someone, but instead it was Dean. I start to get confused and wonder what he's doing here. Before I could even open my mouth, he walk insides and approaches me. Next thing I know, he's holding my face in his hands and he presses his lips to mine in an instant intense kiss.

Then all of a sudden I wake abruptly, sitting straight up in bed. I try to wrap my head around the dream and why I was dreaming it in the first place. I run a hand through my hair, and look at the clock. 9 o'clock. I'm meeting Kait and Lay at 10 so we can get our day started early. I drag myself out of bed and over to my things to pick out an outfit for the day, keeping in mind that it's cold out here in Boston. After finding clothes, I head into the bathroom to change and do my daily routine. After I was dressed and ready to go, all I needed were my shoes. I walked out and grabbed a pair of shoes and slipped them on and tied them before going back into the bathroom to brush my teeth, bringing my phone with me just in case Kaitlyn or Layla call or text or whatever. I found myself dazing in and out as I was brushing my teeth, just not able to shake that dream from my mind. So many questions were buzzing around in my head. What did it mean? Why was I dreaming that? What caused me to dream that, and etc. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my phone going off. I look down to see a text from Layla telling me that she and Kaitlyn are down in the lobby and waiting. I text back telling her that I'll be there in a few. I finish up with brushing my teeth and after I was finished, I put my phone in my pocket, pull on my jacket and grab my bag and head out. 

Along the way, I yawn and step onto the elevator. Just as the doors were gonna close, someone slipped inside. I don't notice at the moment until I look up and I see Dean. 

Crap.

"Kayla." He acknowledges. 

"Dean." I acknowledge back. 

It's silence for a while until she speaks up. 

"So where are you heading this morning?" He asks. 

"Spending the day with Kaitlyn and Layla."

"Didn't want to go home?" He asks. 

"To Tampa? No. I'm actually from here so I want to spend as much time as I want here before we're back on the road again."

"Oh, makes sense." He nods. 

It then becomes another silence and I find myself starting to stare, and then the dream comes back to me and I start to replay it in my mind as I look at him. The chime of the elevator brings me out of my thoughts and he lets me walk out first I swear I saw him smirk at me as I walked out in front of him. 

"So, I'll see you around then Kayla." He says as he exits the elevator and heads towards the lobby doors. 

"Uh...yeah, sure." I reply and just so happen to watch him leave.

Just then the voices of Kaitlyn and Layla broke my concentration. I look over where I heard their voices and spotted them. I nodded and headed in that direction. When I reached them, they both had big grins on their faces. 

"What? What are those looks for?"

"You and Dean were on the same elevator."

"Yeah, your point? It can happen to anyone. We just so happened to be heading to the lobby at the same time and the elevator I got on first was the one he slipped into before the doors could close."