chapter 5

Chapter 5:

I was sitting in class but my thoughts were somewhere else, I was still worried about Soohyun, but everyone keeps telling me to let it pass and she'd come back to her sense like she always do but I feel something different this time.

"Soohyun? Are you okay? You look like you're about to pass out" I heard one of my classmates say, I turn my head to where the door is and saw Soohyun enter the classroom looking twice as horrible as I last saw her, I didn't even know it was possible. She looked like everything was ripped off of her. he uniform was tattered and covered in dirt, and it seems like she has been crying too, her eyes are puffy and red and she's kind of sobbing.

"I'm fine" She said letting out a sigh and stumbled to her seat. I was about to approach her when one of our classmates quickly yelled.

"Taekwoon-seunsaengnim is coming!" One of my classmates yell and everyone rushed to their seats/

"We'll begin" Taekwoon-nim said as he entered the classroom, as soon as he placed his lesson plan and book on the table, siren of ambulances, police and firemen quickly erupted startling everyone. Everyone quickly rushed to the window and watched the number of vehicles rush downtown

I quickly turned my attention to Soohyun who was sobbing in her seat. Soon after one of the faculty members rushed into the classroom, panting heavily.

"Soohyun, your house is on fire, your parents are rush to the hospital!" The teacher said to Soohyun who just stared at her table frozen. Everyone just stared at her in shock and sympathy.

The class erupted into chatters; everyone was talking and whispering to each other, while Soohyun just sat in her seat.

"Soohyun-ah, let's go, we'll accompany you to the hospital" The teacher said, Soohyun slowly got up from her seat and approached the teacher at the door, they both left the class soon after.

My heart broke at the news, why is Soohyun experiencing such tragedy? She was a great person, she hasn't done anything wrong but she's going through crap like this.

"Such a shame with what happened to Soohyun-sshi, but we must continue with our lesson" Taekwoon-nim stated bluntly. That's it? That's how he sympathizes with his students? Such a heartless jerk! "turn to page 146"

...

Around 2 weeks has passed since Soohyun's house caught on fire, investigators still can't determine the cause of the fire, also Soohyun's parents have passed away, they were announced dead on arrival at the hospital. Soohyun hasn't come to school ever since, they said she's always at the cemetery where her parents are, she would sometimes even sleep in the graveyard.

Hyuk and I haven't visited her yet since she kicks out everyone who tries to visit and see if she's okay and knowing her when she's in a dire situation, she doesn't want to be bothered. She prefers to be alone than having a shoulder to cry on but I really am worried, she's could possibly be in the lowest state of depression

"It's been a week, don't you think it's about time we'd paid Soohyun a visit?" Hyuk asked as we were eating lunch together with Hongbin and Ken.

"I think we should, she looked horrible before the accident, who knows how she is now" Ken pointed out and he actually had a point, even before the accident she was already in an unstable state, what more now that she's in a complete state of depression.

"I wonder why she's so sickly before the accident" Hongbin said "was she going through something at the time." He asked Hyuk and I, I shrugged in response.

"She hasn't said anything to me" I told him.

"All I know is that their family business is flunking" Hyuk stated

"I heard that her family couldn't afford to send her to school anymore so she's working part time, maybe that's the reason why she looks horrible, because of stress" Ken pointed out, we nodded in response, I turned my attention towards the exit of the cafeteria when I saw Taekwoon-nim leave . My eyebrows furrow at the sight of him, does he know anything about this?

"I'll be heading in first" I said as I got up from my seat and rushed out of the cafeteria, following Jung Taekwoon.

I saw Taekwoon-nim enter our empty classroom and sat down on his desk and quietly read a book that was on top of his desk. Should I approach him? Should I ask about Soohyun? He must know something; they're always together after class.

"Seunsaengnim!" I said as I entered the classroom, he looked up from his book and just stared at me.

"Bang Eunbi, do you want anything?" He asked bluntly as he placed his book down on his desk

"I want answers" I said sternly "Do you know anything about Soohyun's condition?" I asked, I couldn't hide the anger and irritation from my voice.

"Why are you asking me?" he asked in that one tone of his.

"You two are always together after class, I know you something" I told him.

"Yes we were, but we haven't been meeting each other after class for more than a month now" He pointed out "But I have heard from Soohyun-sshi that you think I'm the kidnapper who's been kidnapping girls allover Seoul, is that right Eunbi-sshi? Then are you presuming I am involved with Soohyun-sshi's misfortunes?" He asked.

"Yes" I said sternly, but I was really scared at that moment, I just tried to act brave and pretend I wasn't intimidated. He let out a deep sigh then sat up straight, he rested his elbows on the table and clasped his hands together.

"Bang Eunbi-sshi, I was well aware of Soohyun's dire situation, about her financial dilemma due to her family's business failing" Taekwoon-nim started off "I asked her to work part time for me as a model for my dresses but her income from me is not enough to suffice her needs, so she went finding for another job"

Is that really the reason? Is Taekwoon-nim lying? I couldn't tell since he only had one look on his face, he's unreadable.

"If you're having doubts, go ask Soohyun-sshi yourself" He said as he let out another sigh. I just nodded and left the classroom.

I guess it's about time to pay Soohyun a visit, I'm going to find out what happened once and for all. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and dialed Hyuk's number.

"Han Sanghyuk, we're going to pay Soohyun a visit" I said as soon as he picked up the phone.