chapter 8

Chapter 8:

I lazily got up from bed and went to get ready for school. Today was the first day I would start working part-time for Taekwoon-seunsaengnim and I am not looking forward to it at all. Do you know how awkward it is to work with someone you've accused of kidnapping and murder? Yeah, very awkward!

After I got ready I went out of my house to be greeted by a cheerful Han Sang Hyuk. How the hell can he be cheerful in 7 in the morning? Plus it's freezing!

"Good morning sunshine!" he greeted. Hyuk was a ball of energy every morning, too bad he wasn't contagious, in fact his happy virus sickens me.

"Why are you so happy?" I growled back him.

"Because we're having pizza for lunch!" He cheered like a 5 year old kid "Hongbin and Ken are walking to school with us" He stated, great! He brought along his gay boyfriend and the other annoying one in his group of friends.

"Sure! Why don't you invite Ravi too!" I said sarcastically

"Why thank you Eunbi, that was nice of you to suggest" Ravi said as he came behind us with Ken and Hongbin, great! The goons are all here.

"You're oddly cranky today" Ken pointed out.

"Maybe because Hyuk ate over last night but left as soon as he was done and left me to clean" I said annoyed.

"Hey! I'm a guest, I should not be doing choirs" Hyuk defended, I just rolled my eyes at him and headed to school with the 4 following behind.

...

I only needed banana milk to clear my mind, after I got my banana milk, I felt a lot better but I was still dreading over the fact that I'm staying after school to help with Taekwoon-nim with whatever he wants me to do.

"Do you still hate me?" Hyuk said as he approached me with caution.

"It depends did you bring me banana milk?" I asked as I took the last sip of my milk and threw it in the bin.

"You already drank like 4 cartons!" Hyuk defended, I just raised my eyebrow at him in questioning.

"What's your point?" I asked, he just rolled his eyes at me and handed me my banana milk. I swear this milk has drugs in it, it's seriously addictive and I'm lactose-intolerant. I stuck the straw down the hole and drank the milk in one shot.

"You're not just mad at me are you? You're mad at something else" He asked as he stood beside me. I just let out a deep sigh then threw the empty carton down the bin yet again.

"I really don't want to go to Taekwoon-nim's place" I whined like a toddler "I want to visit Soohyun!"

"Well too bad, it's your fault you accused Taekwoon-seunsaengnim of being the kidnapper" He pointed out, I just groaned in annoyance and Hyuk seemed to enjoy my agony,

"You are no help!" I scolded him making him chuckle even more. Evil little bastard this guy is, why did I even become friends with him?

...

The agony now begins! It was end of class and now I have to report to Taekwoon-nim at the faculty room. I took my precious time reaching the faculty room but it was no use, I have to go to him eventually.

"Hello?" I said as I peeked my head inside the faculty room, there were a few teacher in the place but Taekwoon was sitting alone in his table checking out essay from yesterday. I slowly approached him and greeted "seunsaengnim, I'm here" I said as I gave him a 90 degrees bow.

"Anything to report?" He asked, his eyes now moving away from the test papers , I just taised my eyebrow at him in questioning but I quickly shook my head in response.

"Same as usually seunsaengnim" I informed him, he just nodded in response.

After around 15 minutes, he finally finished checking his papers and started packing up his things. Am I supposed to do this every day? Do I have to wait for him every single day? Aish! Such a waste of my precious time.

But then again, I get to see Jung Taekwoon's personal life; I wonder how he is outside of school campus? Maybe he's actually a party animal? It's possible right? Or he could just be a lonely teacher with no social life and ask students for help because he has no one else.

Okay, that sounded harsh.

"Let's go" He stated as he got up from his seat with his satchel in his hand and headed out the faculty room, I followed behind him but I was sure to keep my distance from him.

We headed out of the school and started walking down the road, he didn't say anything to me or anything so I just walked silently behind him.

"First thing's first" He started off "You are not allowed to tell the other students where I stay" He stated.

"Yes sir?" I said but it sounded more like a question than a response. We then arrived at an oddly worn out apartment, it was old and really creepy. I was having second thought on whether I should come in or run for my life.

"Come in" He said bluntly as he entered the scary looking building, I nodded and went inside, following seunsaengnim towards his room. It was on the 4th floor and it was on the farthest corner of the corridor. I find that even creepier.

I slowly took a step inside his apartment and to my surprise, it was actually cozy looking. It wasn't the brightest and family oriented place ever but it was just enough for someone who was living alone. It's not as bad as I imagined it would be.

There were dresses and mannequins displayed everywhere and gown sketches were scattered all over his table, beside it was his antique looking sewing machine.

I wonder if a teacher's pay wasn't enough or Taekwoon-nim just wants to live a simple life.

He went to his table and sat down by his sewing machine, rummaging through his sketches and picked one out and examined it on me.

"All I need you to do is wear my dresses to see if it fits well" Was all Taekwoon-nim said before he started pulling out different kinds of fabric and started cutting it into different dress patterns.

I just sat on my place in fascination

I couldn't help but feel completely stupid, how can a teacher slash part time dressmaker be the city kidnapper? I should have known Taekwoon-nim was innocent. I guess I owe him an apology, a sincere apology.