thirty-three: a truth and a lie

The next few days, Zayn found himself visiting the twins right after work. He didn't talk to Robbie, mainly due tot he fact that he was terrified of how the other was going to react. He didn't know what to do and currently it was just ignoring Robbie's texts and phone calls. Zayn felt terrible about it, he truly did.... Robbie was on of the many people who made Zayn realize he needed to change, and here he was shutting him out. 

Just like he did when he was younger.

So when Zayn arrives home late on Friday night, he was in for a bit of surprise. Robbie was sitting on the front steps, an angry expression on his face the second Zayn walked up him.

"What are you doing here?" Zayn asks, shocked that Robbie had actually shown up to confront him. He knew it was going to happen eventually, he just didn't think it would be this soon. 

"You've been ignoring me." Robbie points out, glaring at Zayn as he stands up from the stairs.

"I haven't, I've been busy." Zayn says and it wasn't a complete lie. Zayn had been busy... but he had been ignoring Robbie too. 

"Really now? Because according to Liam you've been leaving work early for the past couple days. Are you cheating on me?" Robbie nearly yells, more than ready to fight with Zayn. 

"W-What? No! Of course not!" Zayn said quickly, shaking his head as he goes to grab Robbie's hand. 

"Don't lie to me, Zayn." Robbie pulls his hand away from Zayn, folding his arms across his chest as he looks at Zayn. Zayn is in shock, unable to accept the fact that Robbie actually believed that he'd cheat on him. Zayn may be a dick, but that was the last thing he would ever do.

"I'm not lying... Robbie..." 

"Then why have you been ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Is it because I told you that I loved you? I told you that you didn't have to say it back..." Robbie is calmer now, quite near tears as he looks at Zayn in desperation. He just wanted to know what was going on and Zayn wasn't giving him any answers. 

"No... It wasn't that. I swear it wasn't because of that." Zayn says quietly, taking a step towards Robbie. Robbie lets him before he falls into Zayn's arms, crying a little into Zayn's shoulder. 

"Then what is it? Please tell me..." Robbie whispers, his voice cracking as he looks up at Zayn. Zayn bites his bottom lip, unable to decide if it was wise for him to tell Robbie...

But he couldn't lose Robbie too.

"I haven't been completely honest with you...." Zayn starts, letting out a soft sigh as he lets go of Robbie. Robbie sniffs a little, a confused expression on his face as he looks at Zayn.

"What do you mean?" Robbie asks, his voice cracking again as he does so. Zayn takes in a deep breath before looking Robbie in the eyes.

"I have been busy, but it wasn't with work... I uh... God I don't even know where to start. Do you remember how I said I was visiting an old friend?" Robbie nods, but he still didn't get what this had to do with Zayn ignoring him. Zayn takes in another deep breath, closing his eyes as he tries to think of the best way to tell Robbie what he'd been doing...

"He's technically my ex-fiancee... and I uh... I'm a dad?" Zayn says, letting the words hang in the air. Robbie just stares at Zayn, his eyes wide and his expression one of pure shock. 

"I'm sorry, but you're a what?" Robbie asks, trying to wrap his head around the fact that his boyfriend of six months was only just now telling him he was a parent. 

"I'm a dad... I've got two sons and that's where I've been for the past few days." Zayn whispers, feeling very vulnerable all of the sudden. The ball was in Robbie's court now, Zayn had told Robbie the truth... 

"Why... Why are you just telling me this now?" Robbie is still in shock, staring at Zayn as the other boy lets out a long sigh.

"Because I haven't seen Louis for two years and I didn't think I would ever see him again... He just left one night and didn't tell me where he was going... I was an idiot and a complete dick to him when we were together and he didn't want me around the boys... He left and I didn't think I would see him ever again... until about a month ago I found out where he was... and I had to see him. I had to meet my kids..." 

"And you're still waiting to tell me now." 

"Look, I wanted to tell you... but I wasn't proud of what I did to Louis... and with you... I wanted to be a better person and you helped me be that person... You helped me change and I didn't want to screw that up." Zayn whispers, looking at Robbie as he silently hoped that Robbie would just forgive him. He knew that he'd messed up, Robbie wasn't going to able to trust him for a little while... but he couldn't lose Robbie like he lost Louis.

He couldn't go through that again. 

"I uh... I don't know what you want me to say." 

"Just tell me you won't leave..." Zayn says, taking a step towards Robbie. Robbie shakes his head, a sad look on his face as he looks at Zayn.

"I need a few days to think... I'm sorry." And with that Robbie leaves Zayn standing alone in the front driveway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay. I need to say something about all the hate towards Robbie. Just so you guys know, Robbie is based on an actual person who is reading this book so for starters be nice. Second, you guys don't even have a good reason to hate Robbie. I mean you might hate him a little right now cause he left Zayn, but you gotta understand that Zayn just threw a bombshell at him

So yeah.

Be nice to Robbie.

Anyways, dedication goes to imzadinot honey by magic man is f ucking bae.

My fave comment gets the dedication

QOTC: do you think Robbie will forgive Zayn for lying to him? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx