twenty-nine: the apologies

"So, are you going to tell me where you going? It's nearly midnight Lou." Harry says quietly, trying not to wake up the boys. Louis had been secretive all day and Harry was getting a little fed up with it. He knew that Louis didn't have to tell him everything, but Louis was always so honest with Harry... He told him everything and here he was leaving in the middle of the night with no explanation whatsoever. 

"I'm just going to see an old friend. I won't be gone long." Louis says and it wasn't like he was lying. He just didn't want to tell Harry that Zayn had been at the house... the other boy would probably freak and instantly insist that Louis take the boys and leave the country... Harry was very protective of the twins, treated them like they were his own and Louis was very grateful for his help... but he needed to hear what Zayn had to say. Louis often felt guilty for cutting Zayn out of his life and he wanted to make sure that Zayn didn't hate him for it. 

"Louis..." 

"Stop being such a worry wart." Louis chuckles, kissing Harry's cheek before grabbing the keys to the car. He left without another word, driving in complete silence to the small diner that Zayn had told him to meet him at. The silence left Louis to think, which in all honesty probably wasn't for the best. By the time Louis reached the diner, the young man was ready to just turn back around. He wasn't sure what was waiting for him inside...

Louis went inside anyways though, finding Zayn sitting in a corner booth with a cup of coffee in his hands. Louis slowly sits down, offering Zayn a small smile as he does so.

"I didn't think you'd actually come..." Zayn says, feeling just as nervous as Louis. Zayn didn't know what he was going to say, he just knew that he wanted to talk to Louis.

"I almost didn't..." Louis says back honestly, biting down on his bottom lip nervously as Zayn just stares at him. It had been two years, two long years and neither of the boys knew why they were sitting in a run down diner in the middle of the night...

"I'm sorry." Zayn is the next one to speak, shocking Louis a little. Louis looks at Zayn with wide eyes, he'd never heard Zayn actually apologize...

"For what?" Louis asks, still looking at Zayn with shock written on his features. Zayn takes a minute to answer, taking deep breaths as he tried to find the right words. Zayn didn't normally do apologies... He felt that they were pointless and never did any good... but Zayn was sorry. He was sorry for a lot of things, all of them involving Louis.

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for being a dick, I'm sorry I was selfish.... I'm sorry that I hurt you... and I'm sorry that I let you leave that night all those years ago... Louis, I don't blame you for leaving... I would've done the same thing if I were in your situation. I was scared though, I didn't know what to do and because of that... I lashed out and I hurt you... So I'm sorry." Zayn says quietly, looking at Louis the entire time he spoke. He felt vulnerable around Louis which had always scared Zayn. He didn't know why he felt this way around Louis.

"I wish I could say the same... but I uh... I don't regret leaving, Zayn. I did what I felt like was best for my boys and that was you not being there..." Louis finds himself saying, once again biting his bottom lip as he looks at Zayn. 

"Do... Do you still feel that way? Louis, I know I f ucked up pretty bad back when we were together... but I still want a chance. I've changed, I promise I have..." Zayn whispers, looking desperate as he speaks. 

"We weren't together Zayn... It was a one night stand that turned into a public mess... and I don't want to subject my sons to that... and maybe you have changed... but I haven't seen enough to believe that you have." 

"Give me a chance to show you then... I just want to meet them... I feel like I should at least be allowed that much. I don't expect you to let me in right now... I get that I have to earn your trust... but I can't earn your trust if you don't give me a chance." Louis doesn't know what to say now, mainly due to the fact that Zayn was right... Louis hated it when Zayn was right. 

"How'd you find me?" Louis asks after a minute, earning a surprised look from Zayn. 

"I hired someone to help me. Louis... I've been trying to find you for two years. I never gave up, even when they told me it was pointless..." And Louis is once again left speechless... Maybe Zayn had changed... Maybe he should give him the chance he was asking for.

"You hired someone?" 

"No one else was giving me any answers... You have to understand that you left without a word, almost like magic... I just wanted to know that you and the twins were okay..." Zayn whispers and Louis can't look at him for a moment. Louis takes in a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling before he finally looks at Zayn once more.

"Okay... One chance. I'm giving you one chance." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's chapter twenty-nine...

What the hell hahaha

So as you guys know this book is entered in a bromance awards thingy... Voting ends on Tuesday, so if you wanna vote for Style and shit.... You only have till tuesday haha.

so do you guys think Zayn really has changed? or is he just saying that to get to the twins? 

Dedication goes to kiss_narry_suck_lilo 

My fave comment gets the dedication :)

 QOTC: what's your favorite thing about this book?

AOTC: Louis' sass. Harry's jokes. Need I say more?

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx