Prolouge

"... And now with updates on the crisis in New York. It appears that The S.H.E.I.L.D. helicarriers have started firing on themselves- oh dear! According to what I've just been told, it seems that the internet has gone viral with new information uploaded. HYDRA has been associated with S.H.E.I.L.D. developing new weapons and other technologies- further information at a later date. The government has labeled any association with S.H.E.I.L.D. is an act of terrorism and if you have any information regarding S.H.E.I.L.D. it should be reported to your local law enforcement officers-"

A young man around the age of nineteen sighed as he switched of the T.V. He hated this sort of thing, everyone who tried to do good always got beat down by some rumor or mistake. He knew how it felt, but not for a long while. It had been six long, pain filled months since his girlfriend's death, and he felt as if there was nothing left to live for. Each day, he would go to the cemetery to visit her grave, only to return feeling even emptier.

Peter sighed again and walked back upstairs into his room, locking the door behind him. He sat and his computer and began lazily searching through his files, when one in particular caught his eye; it was Gwen's graduation speech. Hesitating for a moment, he opened it and pressed play.

"Good Morning, esteemed faculty and families of my fellow graduates. It's an honor to be standing up here today. I know we all think that we're immortal, we're supposed to feel that way.

We're graduating, but like our brief four years of high school, what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it precious is that it ends, we know that now more than ever, and I say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck.

So don't waste living someone else's life, make yours count for something. Fight for what matters to you, no matter what, 'cause even if we fall short, what better way is there to live.

It's easy to feel hopeful on a beautiful day like today. But there will be dark days ahead of us too. There will be days where you feel all alone, and that's when hope is needed most. No matter how bad it gets, or how lost you feel, you must promise me. That you will hold onto that hope. Keep it alive. We have to be greater than what we have suffered, my wish for you is to become that hope. People need that, and even if we fail, what better way is there to live.

As we look around here today and all the people who help make us who we are I know it feels like we're saying good-bye, but we will carry a piece of each other into everything that we do next. To remind us of who we are and who we are meant to be..."

Peter sniffed as a stray tear travelled down his cheek. He missed Gwen's voice, and he realized, that once again, she was right. New motivation flowing through him he walked over to his closet at looked down at the floor. Picking his mask up, he smiled, slipping it on.