Chapter Twenty-five

Start from the beginning

"Tall and pale with dark brown hair and blue eyes?" I asked him and he nodded. "He's a fucking liar." I said and gulped. "He's disgusting."

"He's a good guy." He told me and I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." He said and I did it again.

"He's a disgusting human being who I wish would go to jail." I said and he seemed angered. He didn't know my reasoning behind it and he wouldn't believe me if I told him.

Plus, he doesn't care about me. This is all fake. He's just playing the role of a protective parent.

We continued arguing, not noticing the front door opening. Our voices grew louder and soon Michael got into this.

"Luke, Katelyn, stop yelling." He said and pushed us away from each other. I glared at Luke and he shot me daggers. "Katelyn, go up to your room, I need to talk to Hemmings."

I didn't answer, but I did as he said. I went up to my room and then slammed the door shut, locking it behind me. I laid down on my bed and then sighed as I pulled the lilac teddy bear out of my bag.

I grabbed my phone aswell and then I plugged in my ear buds as I went to the album I had illegally downloaded.

I doubt they cared about me listening to it.

I played the song Broken Home and then put it on reply and I turned the screen off. I set my phone udnet my pillow and then closed my eyes as I listened to the song, sadness and anger filling my veins.

-

When I woke up, the music stopped playing and I had ear buds under my tank-top. I pulled them away from me and set them on my nightstand so I can fall back asleep comfortably.

"You're such a fucking dick Luke!" Michael yelled and I winced as there was a crashing. "How could you be so blind? So thick skulled?"

"How can you want a daughter? She was a dare Michael! I don't want a kid!" Luke yelled loudly and there was more crashing and thumps.

I squeezed my eyes shut and grabbed my phone, checking the time. They've been arguing for hours.

I sighed and put my password in my phone. I pressed play on their album and then set my phone down as Invisible began to play.

I stood up and then turned the light on since it was kind of dark in here. I looked at all the pink bags on my desk and ignored them since I saw a lighter on my floor.

I picked it up and then picked up my sweatshirt. I pulled the pack of cigarettes out and gasped as I realized that these were Jacob's.

However, curiosity got the better of me.

I flipped the lid open and looked at the brand new pack. Sure they were unwrapped, but not one was used.

"I can't believe I fell in love with such a manitpulative asshole!" Michael yelled and it sounded like he was crying.

"Michael-"

"Don't touch me Luke." Michael yelled and I reached for one of the cigarettes. I opened my window and then looked at the screen that was on the outside.

I opened a drawer in my desk and pulled out a screwdriver since one say the hinges on my door were messed up. I began to take out the screws on the screen and I set them on my desk.

I set the screen on my bed and then sat down on the windowsill as I set the pack between my legs. I took the single cigarette and then the lighter, attempting to get it to start.

After about thirty tries, the flame appeared and a twisting feeling filled my gut. I knew I shouldn't do this. I knew that it would be extremely reckless and idiotic for me to do this but ai wanted to so badly.

"I didn't mean to hit you! I didn't mean to say those things Michael." Luke cried and I knew they were closer than before.

"Oh you don't mean a lot of things Luke. I'm leaving." Michael said and my heart hurt a bit.

"Where are you going? You don't have anyone besides for me and the rest of the band. Your parents don't even want you around." Luke said and I just felt the sudden urge to beat his face in with my phone.

"You'd think that." Michael said and the flame on the lighter went out. "You know so little about me Luke, why did we call this love?"

I started the flame back up again and raised it to the cigarette between my lips. The tip burned and then quickly removed the lighter, setting it between my legs aswell.

I coughed as I breathed in the smoke and then released it. I looked at it, and despite my choking on the strong chemicals, something drew me to take another breath of it into my lungs.

I held it in longer and then released the smoke, bit disgusted by the smell but comforted by it aswell. It reminded me a bit like Jacob, minus the cologne.

I sighed and the yelling stopped. The crashing stopped. The cries and the begs stopped. It was silent and all I could hear was the sound of the music from my phone.

I took another breath of the toxic chemicals and then blew it out, managing not to cough and not to choke on it.

It felt different but it was kind of a good different.

"Katelyn?" I heard Luke ask and he knocked on my door. "Are you awake?" He asked from the other side of the door.

No.

I stayed silent, feeling stupid for thinking that they wouldn't smell it. Cigarettes had a strong odor and I mentally slapped myself foo forgetting about it.

I looked out of the window and saw a car drive off, absolutely positive that it was Michael. He left because maybe Luke hit him, but what do I know?

I'm just a fucked up little girl who's parents didn't want her and old classmates bullied.

"I hear your music love, and... and I smell the cigarettes... Illegally downloading things is wrong you know? That's why it's called illegally downloading something." He said as he knocked on my door. I remained silent, not wanting to be around him.

I looked at this all and then put the cigarette out. I flicked it into the yard and then grabbed a hoodie out of my closet. I stuffed the cigarettes and lighter inside rhe pocket and then sprayed on a lot of perfume to cover the smell. I also out some body lotion to help. I even popped a mint in my mouth to hide it.

I grabbed my phone and turned it off, sliding it in my back pocket as I slipped some black converse on. "Katelyn open this door, please love." Luke said as I laced my converse up.

Not a chance Hemmings.

I grabbed my money out of the bag that was packed and then I hid it behind my phone case. I stepped out of the windowsill after hiding the screws and screen under my bed and then closed the curtains.

I shut the window and then grabbed on to the roof, slowly walking across it towards the front of the house. I carefully slid down and then lowered myself on to the porch roof in the front.

Fear and adrenaline filled my veins as I moved, not knowing how this was going to turn out. I could either make it out I could break something and get caught. Both made me feel some type of way.

I swung my legs over the edge of the porch roof and then lowered myself, holding on to the rough edges as I did. I let go since I was only a foot from the floor and I winced as my shoes made a thump against the concrete.

"Katelyn?" Luke yelled and I ran away again. "Katelyn!"

-

Question of the chapter:

-Where is Katelyn going?

Author's answer:

-Somehwere where the guys aren't ok, that's the only clue I'm giving you. (One will find her, but you'll have to guess haha)

Reader's answer:

-