Chapter 1

This place is hell.

You hear and see a lot of kids calling their school jail and hell, but those places are nothing compared to WR High, the place I'm stuck in, eight hours a day, five days a week, nine months a year.

It's not like I have no friends, I had two. They were related. So, that meant, when one moved away, the other did as well.

It's not like I am thick and refuse to do well as an excuse to hate this place. I'm quite intelligent, but not to a level of being classed as a 'nerd' or a 'geek'.

It's not like I'm hated, for any logical reason that is.

---------------------

Friday.

Friday's are under appreciated by most people,
but to me?
To me Friday's are something we don't get often enough,
why?
Because Friday signifies the end of the school week, the beginning of three nights and two days where nothing going on has anything to do with WR.

Although, I still have to suffer for the full eight hours. Which start.. with math.

"Gemma. Why are you late?"
"I was in the bathroom, sorry Mrs Phillus. It won't happen again."
"I'm sure it won't because I will be informing your parents about it."

She can tell my parents if she likes, they won't care, I'm late to a lot of classes, some people know why and some people fall for the same excuse time after time and therefore think I have a bladder control issue.

Halfway through math when the teacher had set us work to do individually, I heard a nasal-voiced whisper from behind me,
"Wow Gemma, red converse, how original."
"Wow Courtney, commenting on someone's appearance, how original."

The teacher gave us both a glare and hushed us.

I felt my chair budge forward, I knew it was Courtney kicking it. I attempted to ignore her. That worked for about four more kicks,
"What is your problem?!"
It would appear that I had.. forgotten.. to whisper.
"Gemma!" Mrs Phillus yelled.
"See me after class."
The four words I knew were coming, and judging by the smirk on Courtney's face.. she knew they were coming too.

Once the class was dismissed, I stayed in my seat and knew exactly what lecture was coming.

"Gemma." She started,
"Your behaviour in class was unacceptable."

"But miss! It wasn't my faul-"
"It's never your fault, Gemma, is it?"
She sighed and that's when I received the lecture about responsibility and focus.

My punishment was literally to sit in the classroom until I could complete the homework.

I finished the sheet of algebraic equations in a matter of minutes.
Mrs Phillus quickly marked it and sent me off.

I heard my name being called as I entered the hallway, I knew exactly who it was and chose to ignore it.

The next few seconds happened incredibly fast. I was grabbed, shoved against the lockers and next thing I knew, the tall, tattooed blonde boy was in my face.
"Do you know how rude it is to ignore someone?" He laughed.
I pushed him off me and began to run towards the doors of the math building, I was almost out the doors, almost.

I was pulled back by my back pack and pushed against the wall, with more force than the lockers,
"That wasn't very nice." He whispered.
My bag was taken off my back and thrown down the hall.
"give it back." I muttered.
"excuse me?"
"Michael just give me back my bag!" I yelled.
"I would, Gemma, I really would. But you see, you ran from Luke when he was trying to talk to you, which was terribly rude, and maybe what he had to say was important." Something about the tone in Michael's voice sent a shiver down my spine.

The fear coursed through my veins as Luke walked towards me.