Chapter 30 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

“Boss, apparently there is a vampire here to see you. They say they want to join you.” Jeremy brightened and walked away from Liz who sighed, relieved. He gave Liz a nod and then smirked.

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll be back to deal with you later,” he called over his shoulder and Liz shuddered. It seemed as if one second Jeremy was gone, and the next he was back with a female vampire following him.

I forced myself not to react when I saw Alexandria. What was she doing here? She was wearing a really short, dark denim skirt and a low cut, purple t-shirt; the whole outfit wasn’t exactly Alexandria’s style. She gave Jeremy a flirty smile as she nonchalantly stepped over Jordan’s body.

“What’s going on here,” Alexandria asked in a clueless voice. She fluttered her eyelashes at Jeremy and the three guards whistled. Jeremy silenced them with a wave of his hand, not even looking in that direction. He looked over Alexandria appreciatively and smiled.

“Nothing much, just personal stuff, don’t concern yourself. So you want to join me? Why?” he asked suspiciously. Alexandria shrugged.

“Well see, I used to hang out with Derek Bellamont, he just seemed so powerful,” Alexandria explained, acting like a stereotypical dumb party girl. “But then I found out he had a boss, and that wasn’t appealing at all. I was so curious; I just had to find out who this new powerful vampire is. I asked around and found out that rumours were going around saying you were already a powerful new vampire and you are sure to get more powerful,” she said, skilfully appealing to his ego.

“I wasn’t looking for new followers but I’ll make an exception,” Jeremy replied not seeing a threat. “My cause is going to be ridding that world of hunters.”

“Oh my gosh,” Alexandria squealed. “I totally hate hunters. They are so annoying; I mean, why must they attack me with pointy pieces wood?” At this Erik snorted and Alexandria got a hurt expression. “That’s really mean, it’s not nice to laugh at people,” she said still acting hurt.

“Oh it’s okay,” Jeremy said comfortingly as he gave Alexandria a hug. Alexandria just barely restrained her eye roll and discretely stuck her hand into Jeremy’s pocket making sure no one noticed. “I can get him back for you, or would you like to do it?”

“Me?” Alexandria asked surprised. “What do I do?” she inquired still being clueless. Her acting skills were amazing. I barely stopped myself from laughing.

“I can just do it then,” Jeremy said but Alexandria pouted unhappy. She grabbed his wrist as he moved towards Erik.

“No, you said I could do it,” she whined. “So tell me what to do.” Jeremy paused and nodded.

“Haven’t you ever had to fight a vampire of discipline someone,” Jeremy asked incredulously. Alexandria shook her head.

“Nope, if a hunter tries to kill me I just run. I don’t really want to risk my life. All the other times, I just influence humans so they never cause trouble in the first place,” she answered.

“You have a lot to learn,” Jeremy laughed. “Just go over to that hunter and hit him.” Alexandria smiled.

“Okay that’s easy,” she said. In a moment she was beside Erik. She paused for a moment then crouched beside him before slapping him. Erik clenched his jaw annoyed and Alexandria stood up. I prayed that no one had seen Alexandria give Erik something. Even Liz hadn’t appeared to have noticed it, but the vampires might.

“That’s it? All you do is slap him?” Jeremy asked, shaking his head.

“Well yeah, it was a hard slap,” she said defending herself. “Why? What else was I supposed to do?” The guards snickered but Jeremy shot a silencing glance.