I continue staring into the dark blue sky, thinking, until finally, my eyes can barely stay open. My eyes flutter close, and I'm sent into blissful sleep.

*

When I wake up, I'm greeted by the harsh sun. I groan and sit up. Miraculously, I was able to sleep the entire night. I open my crust filled eyes, and look around. It seems like the group of boys and our group have separated ourselves.

Sonya glances over at me. She gets up from her seated position and jogs over to me. "Good morning," she says, then hands me her bottle of water. "It's a big day, make sure to hydrate."

I nod slowly, my energy feeling depleted, and grab the water bottle. I take a long sip, and already feel better. Sonya smiles. "That's it. Come over to the group when you're ready. We have a lot to talk about."

I hand her the water bottle and she jogs back over to the group, which sit together in a circle about 3 feet away. The boys' group, along with Brenda, sit a bit farther away from them. I spot Newt in the circle. He is nodding his head approvingly to something Thomas said.

I slowly get up, my legs feeling like jello. I walk over to our group and sit down beside Sonya.

"...and we have to stick together. That is the most important thing to remember," Jorge finishes.

"Any questions?" he asks, then continues. "If not, we'll begin to tell Brenda's group the plan."

A girl raises her hand, and I take that as an opportunity to ask Sonya what he was talking about before I arrived.

"What was he saying?" I whisper in her ear.

She glances at me, looking like she was unaware I was beside her. "He was just saying how when we enter the Crank City, we're gonna have to break into even smaller groups, because if we're in large ones, it'll attract attention to ourselves. And that we have to be aware of our surroundings and stay together."

"Okay," I whisper back. I look back at Jorge, and he is glaring at us, as is the rest of the group.

"In case someone didn't hear the question that was asked," he begins, his eyes shooting holes into me and his voice rising, "she asked what we should do if we heard a Crank nearby. Does anyone want to repeat my answer?"

He looks around, his face stone cold. When no one answers, he continues, his eyes finding mine again. "I said, to be quiet and listen," he snaps. "Now unless anyone else has a better way of doing things, they should probably do the wise thing and listen."

I open my mouth and am about to defend myself when Sonya elbows me in the side, silencing me. Jorge raises an eyebrow, almost challenging me to argue with him. I lower my head in embarrassment.

"Alright then," Jorge says coolly, standing up. "I'll tell the other group what's going on and we'll be on our way, hermanas."

Jorge walks away, and the others get up and talk. I sit there, frowning.

"Don't pout," someone says. I turn around, and Lucy is smirking at me.

I stand up, now eye level with her. "I just want this all to be over," I sulk.

She sighs. "Me too, but it'll be over soon."