Chapter Twenty-one

Start from the beginning

"You made me be that father. The overly protective one but the overly sensitive one." Michael said and I laughed.

"Want some help putting this all away?" Jacob asked, looking at all the bags by the door. I nodded and he stood up.

"Don't grab the black bag, that's the personal stuff." I said and he nodded as he grabbed a white one. "Are you gonna help too?"

"Nah, I got a football game to get back too while Luke and Michael got dinner to get too. You kids may have eaten already, but us adults haven't." Calum said and I nodded. The three left and I rolled my eyes as Luke kept the door wide open.

"You had this on your desk if you didn't see it." He said and handed me a small, black velvet box. "Don't look at me, I'm too broke to buy that. I can barely afford gas for my car."

I opened it and inside was a small silver ring that wad shaped like a crown. "Who the hell keeps buying me gifts? I get a teddy bear and now a ring? What's going on?" I asked. "It's beautiful though." I said and he nodded.

"It is." He said and I took the ring out. I looked at it and judging by it's size, it was meant for my pinky.

I put it on and smiled. "It fits perfectly." I said and he nodded. "I'll ask the guys about it later. Right now, I have things to put away." I told him and he nodded.

"Hey uh this is kind of weird to ask but can you do my make-up tomorrow?" He asked and I looked at him as I hung up a dress. "You know, the whole dark eye make-up and stuff?"

"Yeah, of course." I said and smiled. "Your costume and stuff is in the extra bedroom then?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. I have everything there." He told me and I grabbed some bags, setting them on the bed. "You got a purse?"

"Apparently it's a crime to not own one." I said and he laughed. "Wait, is your friend picking you up tomorrow?" I asked.

"Nah, another friend is borrowing my car for a date so he'll drop it off tomorrow. He lives like a street down so it's all good." He said and I nodded.

"I'd be impressed if I was getting picked up in a car like that. It's a classic car and it's really nice." I said and he nodded.

"So, what is this for?" He asked as he held up a few cases of make-up. "Why is there so much?" He asked and I shrugged.

"She said it's good to have extra because if something spills or breaks, you have one left. She told me since I'm living with a clumsy giant and a joker that extra is always good." I said and he nodded.

"Okay." He said and set it on my desk. He unpacked the bags and then tossed all the clothes on my bed. "Go change into something more comfortable love, I think I got this."

"Thank god. I am itching to get into some leggings and a sports bra." I said and he chuckled. I grabbed them and then went to my bathroom.

I changed into the comfort clothes quickly and then quickly wiped my make-up off. I pinned my hair into a ponytail and then I opened the door.

"Who bought you that necklace? I've never seen it before." Jacob said as he looked at me. "It's nice."

"Luke did because he said he was sorry for throwing me in the middle of drama." I said and he nodded ad he hung up a cardigan.

"He knows that he can't just buy you, right?" He asked me and I looked at him. "You won't let them buy you, right?"

"Of course not. It's just he kept apologizing for it and he kept like telling me to take it so I was just like 'okay'. You can't just buy me." I said and he nodded.

"Good. I'd expect you to have more respect towards yourself then that." He said and I nodded. "Now, you still have to put your jewelry away and that black bag."

"The black bag I can put away later. Right now, the jewelry go in my box." I said and pointed to the small white box on my desk.

He opened it and helped me out everything away. "I'm keeping this ring on, it's cute and I have to ask about it." I said and he nodded.

We soon finished putting everything away and I looked at him. "Want to just chill and watch some movies? Maybe listen to music and be those kids you read about on Tumblr poems?"

"What kids?" He asked as we sat down on my bed. "I don't understand that term."

"You know the whole 'tell me what's going through your head' and 'how do to feel about politics' and 'why is your favorite color red'. Those kids. The ones who's conversations are so deep that the mermaids in Atlantis can't even see them." I told him and he laughed.

"Oh, them." He said and I nodded. "I'm not in any place to share my views on politics. I don't when know what the fuck a politic is because guess what? The school would rather teach me how to define isotopes."

"I know. It sucks. I don't want to be a scientist or a math teacher or anything. I want... I-I don't know what I want to be." I said and thought about it. "I don't know what I want to be."

"I want to be a business man." He said and we looked said each other. We bursted out laughing and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I actually want to be a race car driver." He said and I nodded.

"You can make a lot of money doing that." I said and he agreed. "That seems like a cool job though. You get money for being faster than everyone else." I said and he laughed.

"Yeah." He said and chuckled. "I don't know, it just seems fun. I've always been into cars and I want to work with them. My mum called me crazy."

"Maybe you are," I said and he nodded. "But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The best people are a bit crazy." I told him.

"Are they?" He asked and I nodded. "I think I'm more than a little crazy though. What if I'm completely insane?"

"Just because you're crazy doesn't mean you can't be superman." I said and he looked at me amused.

"You listen to 3 Doors Down?'

"May or may not have gone through your Spotify playlist." I said and he laughed as he hugged me a bit. "I like some of your music. The others scare me."

"Yeah, a lot of people get scared by it." He said and I giggled. "What?" He asked me and I looked at him.

"There's this song you have and I just remembered it. It was something about spanish and excuses." I said and he nodded.

"I know what song you're talking about." He said and then cleared his throat. "No hablo ingles," he sang and I nodded as I laughed.

"That one. It was amusing to listen to." I said and he nodded. "The band is great."

"Yeah, I love their music. It makes me happy because they have amusing songs that will always make me laugh and feel better." He told me and I nodded.

"That's good." I said and laughed. "You have something to keep you happy. Everyone deserve to be happy."

-

Question of the chapter:

-What makes you happy when your feeling down?

Author's answer:

-Music, writing, and seeing how happy people are when I update my books or follow/message/reply to them makes me happy no matter what.

Reader's answer:

-