Me & You

"Malachi, calm down." I watched him pace back and forth in my room. We were going to my church today and afterwards we were having a Sunday dinner.

"You're Dads gonna kill me." He looked at me and started pacing again.

I got up to fix his tie, "Not on a Sunday, he won't."

"Haha, very funny." He rolled his eyes.

"Y'ALL READY?" Mama yelled from downstairs.

"Yes ma'am." I grabbed Malachi's hand, before he had anytime to protest, and ran downstairs.

****************************************************************************************************************

"Shh, we're running late," Mama warned us as we made our way into the congregation and sat down.

I snickered and daddy gave me the "behave stare", so did Malachi. I guess he didn't want to be on Dad's bad side either. I huffed,"Kiss-upper."

Malachi smiled and turned towards the preacher.

****************************************************************************************************************

"Piper, why don't you come help me set the table?" Mrs. Lovelace said walking into the kitchen.

Please say no. Please say no.

"Ok mama," she got up and smiled.

The room was filled with silence. I literally could hear a pin drop.

"Ahem-- So what are you intentions with my daughter?" My heart dropped.

"Well I really-y like her, and I wouldn't hurt her if that's what you think." I stuttered rubbing my sweating palms together.

"Why are you so nervous?" He half chuckled. His laughter filled the whole room," You like sports?"

He flipped on the television.

"Yessir I play football for the high school I have a scholarship for LSU."

"Well we have one thing in common: football." He smiled.

"Yessir. I think the Cardinals play today."

"You like the Cardinals? My Man!" He patted me on the back.

**************************************************************************************************

"The food was great Mrs. Lovelace." I said waving goodbye from the car.

"Thanks Malachi!" She laughed walking back to the front door.

"Let me drive." Piper asked.

"Are you serious?!" I laughed," That's my baby!" I pointed to my Chevy Silverado.

"Please? I'm getting my car soon and I want to practice!" She begged.

"You wreck my car, I will be pissed!" I reluctantly handed her the keys.

"Sheesh! Whats with boys and their cars?" She got out and walked to the drivers side.

"Its our second favorite thing!"

"Whats the first favorite thing?"She cut me off," Never mind I dont wanna know."

***************************************************************************************************

"Hit the breaks!!!!" I yelled clutching the seats.

"Chill! I saw the squirrel!!!" She yelled.

"I don't think you did!" I yelled back.

"I'm done!!!" She pulled over and walked to the passenger side.

"What are you doing?" I asked getting out.

"You're a bad teacher! I'll let somebody else teach me!"

"Good, because you almost killed us both!!