Teddy Bear

--Malachi's POV--

I watched her as she begged with those almond shaped eyes, she was adorable. I couldn't say no.

" I wish you could stay," I continued grabbing my keys," I don't want-"

We heard the front door open, it was my dad. I took Piper's hand and guided her to the living room to meet him. Dad looked tired, I could tell he had a ruff week.

 " Malachi, Im hom-!" he said turning around startled," well.. who's this?"

"Dad, this is my friend Piper, Piper this is my dad." I remarked proudly.

"Hello.. Mr..?" Piper started.

 "Mr.Mitchell," Dad replied with a warm smile holding out his hand. Piper gladly shook it.

"Well, sorry this is a short introduction, but she was helping me paint my ..err room... but she has to be home by 10 so.." I said walking towards the door. 

"Malachi, can I speak with you a second?" Dad asked.

 I nodded,"Piper can I meet you by the car?"

"Yea, bye Mr. Mitchell."she smiled as she walked out into the darkness.

After Piper was out of earshot Dad started, " She's a really pretty girl."

"But?" I said annoyed.

"What are your intentions with this girl?" Dad asked.

 " I DUNNO yet, I like her, she's cool.. What's the problem?" I rushed.

 "She's black.."he said bluntly," I mean I don't have a problem with it, but are you all sure you're ready for the criticism you all are going to face?"

 "I like her," I reinforced. "Well if you like her, I like her too, but be careful, is all I am saying. I love you." he replied.

" I love you to Dad." I walked out the door.

--Piper--

" Was that about me?" I questioned as he backed out the car.

He stared at me for a minute, like he was debating on whether to tell me or not," Yea."

" He doesn't like me?" I asked hurt.

 "Of course he likes you, he just asked whether we were ready to face the criticism of our relationship."

I nodded.

 After about 5 minutes of silence, I said ," I'm ready.. I'm ready to face it."

A smiled played on his lips, "You sure?"

"Yup", I said popping the p.

Shortly after he pulled up to my house. 9:58 pm, my phone read.

" I'll get out the car at 10:05," I laughed looking at him.

 "No. Your dad is not fixing to kill me. 10 Missy." he laughed.

 "My dad's a big teddy bear," I taunted.

"Sure, I saw him at the store one of those days when you weren't there, He's big, but he is no teddy bear." he replied.

I chucked," Daddy's gonna have to wait," I said leaning in to kiss him.

 He didn't resist.

A little while later, I decided I had enough of giving my parents a heart attack, "I'll see you later k?"

"Bye,Piper," he said smiling.

 I stopped," 'Bye' sounds so permanent, that's why I don't say it, it seems like it means that I would never see you again."

 He thought for a moment then smiled," See you tomorrow Piper."