Chapter 22

Charlie's POV

"The zoo?" I asked with a little excitement in my voice.

"Yup. I thought it would be fun." Kassidy said. 

"Can we go see the lions first?" I begged. Lions have always been my favorite animal, even when I was really little.

"Yeah, sure. We have the whole day."

We walked around the zoo looking at all the different animals and eating cotton candy. I was so glad that Kassidy made this day happen before we had to go back home. At around 3, we both started getting tired and ready to go back to the hotel room. I thought that today could be a day without talking about Luke, but on the ride home Kassidy brought him up.

"So, last night..." She began.

"Really?"

"Yes, I want to know-no I need to know what's going on."

"Fine. Last night was fun, but I'm not sure if a relationship is good right now. I mean I'm going to college in a few weeks and I don't know what Luke is doing."

"Yeah, I see your point, but you guys were like otp. I hope it will work out between you two."

"Me too. Can we not talk about Luke anymore? I just want a drama free day for once."

"Yeah, I'm fine with that."

***

After a day of talking to Kassidy about anything and looking at all of the different animals, we were back at the hotel getting ready to leave. Luke was supposed to meet us at the hotel lobby so we could all get on the plane together. 

"Ready to leave?" Kassidy asked.

"Yeah, but I wish we could stay longer. It was pretty fun, except for the unwanted drama Luke brought." I laughed.

"Agreed. Speaking of which, where is he?" 

"I have no idea. He should be here soon, our plane leaves in a couple of hours. Is Niall still taking us to the airport?"

"Well he needs to hurry if we want to get home. And yeah, he texted me saying he's a couple blocks away." 

After a few minutes of waiting, Kassidy got a text from Niall saying he was here, but Luke still wasn't. I tried texting and calling him, but he didn't pick up.

"Where's Luke?" Niall asked once we got all of our stuff in his trunk.

"We don't know. He is coming home with us right?" Kassidy asked me.

"I thought he was. He talked about the plane today, so I assumed he was coming with us." I mumbled. 

"Well, we need to go. I don't want to miss our plane." Kassidy sighed, "I'm ready to be home and see Calum." Once she mentioned Calum's name, she got all smiley and happy, it was so cute and sickening at the same time.

"I know, I know. Can we just wait like 5 more minutes?" I begged.

"Fine. 5 minutes, that's it. We'll be in the car." 

I nodded, and continued looking for Luke. After 5 minutes Kassidy told me to get in so we could get to the airport in time. As I was getting in, I saw Luke with his suitcase coming down the street. He got in the car, and tried to catch his breath from running. 

"Nice to see you showed up." Niall scoffed.

Luke just glared, and apologized for being late. I wanted to ask him where he was, but decided to stay quiet until the plane ride. Niall dropped us off at the airport. We all said our goodbyes to him, well except Luke. He couldn't seem to get away from him fast enough. Another hour passed before our flight was called. The attendant took our tickets and we found our seats. It was three to a seat and I was stuck in between Luke and Kassidy. The flight attendant did her little speech at the beginning of the ride, that I didn't listen to. It seemed like as soon as the plane took off, Kassidy was asleep. Luke took this time to finally say what he's been wanting to say.

"Charlie? Can I talk to you now?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said unsure of what he was about to say.

"I wanted to talk to you about us. What's going on with us now?" 

I hesitated before answering, "I don't know. I had a nice time with you last night, but I'm not sure if we should jump into another relationship." My answer didn't seem to be the one he wanted. A look of sadness came over his face before him saying, "Oh." 

"Sorry, I'm just not sure I'm ready again." I felt bad for saying this. I know Kassidy said to give him a chance, but now I'm not so sure. 

"It's fine. I get it. Lets just drop it." He tried to give a smile, but it didn't really work. He sighed and turned on a random movie, I don't think it really mattered what movie it was, he wasn't paying attention to it anyways. I decided to try to get some sleep before we landed. 

Getting sleep didn't really work since I woke up 10 minutes later. I saw that Luke was asleep, he always looked so cute when he slept. His head was laying his arm, with his mouth parted just a bit and soft snores coming out of him. He looked so peaceful. It didn't look like he was going to wake up anytime soon, so I took this time to try to think about what he said earlier. I did have a nice time with him last night, it was fun getting to be with him again, but I just wasn't ready to have the chance of getting hurt again. Maybe Kassidy was right though. Maybe I should just go for it and see what happens. I think I've been hurt as much as I could be already, so it might not be as bad this time. After deciding what to do, Luke started to wake up. We still had about 20 minutes before landing and Kassidy was still asleep, so I had to do this now. 

"Look who's finally awake." I smiled.

Luke smiled and rolled his eyes at me, "Hi Charlie." He started to wake  up a bit more, so I thought that now would be a good time to say what I wanted to.

"Luke, I changed my mind." I said quietly.

"About what?" He asked with a confused expression.

"About us." Once I said those words, his face lit up and his smile grew. 

"Really?" I nodded my head. "And you're sure? You really want to get us into another relationship?"

"Yes Luke, I'm sure." He grabs my hand and turns to the seat in front of him.

" I knew it," He smirks. Underneath us the wheels of the plane slowly come out and we hit the ground. Luke still hasn't let go of my hand.  I lead him out of the plane and into the airport. The rest of the boys were there, they all ran up and engulfed us into a hug. 

" Hey guys!" I say when they finally let go.

" How was your trip?" Ashton asks.

" Good, it was actually really relaxing and crazy at the same time." I smiled.

"You'll have to tell us all about it later." Michael said.

Calum and Kassidy were in their own world talking and hugging and being that annoying couple everyone was jealous of. Ashton and Michael seemed to notice Luke and I's hands, but didn't say anything. We all got in Ashton's car and started to drive back to my house for me to get dropped off. Luke took my hand once again and smiled at me. At that moment I knew everything would turn out okay.

The End

That's it. Sorry it's such a terrible ending, but I hope you all enjoyed this book. It was fun to write, I just had no ideas for it anymore. I might do an epilogue like when Charlie is in college or maybe out of college but nothing is set in stone or anything yet. Thank you to everyone who has read, commented, and voted on this book it means a lot.