Chapter 18

Charlie's POV

"Luke, we've tried this relationship multiple times. It's just not working." I said calmly.

"But-" He started.

"No Luke. I've told you I'm done. And I mean it. Just go home, there are plenty of girls there who I'm sure are begging to date you." I said, holding back tears. 

"But there's only one girl who I want to be with. You." He whispered stepping closer to me.

"Luke-"

"I love you Charlie. I love you so much and I would do anything to get you back. I know I can be a total idiot and not show you how much I love you most of the time, but I really do love and care about you. You're the best thing that has ever come into my life and I can't lose you. I know you deserve so much better than me, but please just give me another chance. If I fuck up again I'll leave you alone. I just need a chance to prove that I love you. Please. Charlie." Luke begged. 

I didn't know what to say after he finished talking. I was speechless, so I nodded instead. A smile appeared on his face. 

"I'm gonna get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow Luke." I mumbled. As soon as I opened the hotel room door, Kassidy was there to ask a million questions. I didn't mean to ignore her, but I didn't hear a word she said.

"Luke's here." I whispered. I didn't think she heard but by the lack of her voice, I knew she did.

"What?"

"He's here. He, um, found out and came." 

"How do you know?" She asked.

"He came to the restaurant Niall and I were at." 

"What did he say?"

I explained everything that happened from the moment he arrived at the restaurant to the talk we just had outside of the room. 

"Wow. So he's gonna try to get you back?"

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Oh my god! This is so cute! It's like a fanfic, but in real life!" She screamed.

"Kassidy, we don't live in a fan fiction. If we did, wouldn't everything be perfect?"

"Yeah, I guess. but I really wish we did."

"Me too. I'm going to get some sleep. Good night." I yawned.

"Night."

We both climbed into our beds. Kassidy got on her phone and I tried to get sleep, but I couldn't stop thinking of Luke. Of course as soon as maybe I was getting over him, he just had to come back and mess everything up again. He really has great timing doesn't he? After what seemed like an eternity, I finally drifted off to sleep.

"What do you want?" A voice asked coldly.

"Can I talk to her?" A second voice pleaded.

 I couldn't tell who was at the door because I was still half asleep, but I could still hear the conversation.

"She's asleep. Just come back in a few hours. You have the next 2 days to talk to her until we leave, and don't forget you two live in the same country, so you can talk to Charlie then too." Who I figured was Kassidy told the mystery person.

"Fine. I'll come back in a few hours." The person mumbled. I heard a door shut and assumed that they were done talking so I could fully fall back asleep.

"Charlie! Please get up, I'm bored!" Kassidy whined while shaking me.

"I'm up. Stop shaking me." I groaned.

"Good, now lets go get breakfast." 

"Breakfast? It's like 11:30." I yawned as I got up.

"Fine. Brunch, whatever. Be ready in 10." She left the room, probably to go find Niall or something. 

I dragged my feet to my suitcase to find something to wear. Kassidy was right, I really did only own band shirts and jeans. Hopefully we weren't doing anything that requires me to look decent. I found a Twenty One Pilots shirt and put on some jeans. After quickly doing my make up and brushing my hair and teeth, I texted Kassidy to see where she went. Someone knocked on the door, I assumed it was Kassidy and she just left her room card in here. 

"Seriously? You again?" I rolled my eyes.

Kassidy's POV

"So, how'd it go last night?" I asked Niall.

"It was great, you know before Luke came." He responded.

"Yeah. I just can't believe he came. I mean it's Luke, he usually just gives up on a girl after a few tries, but it's different with Charlie." I thought out loud.

"Really? So I really have no chance with Charlie then." 

"I guess not. I'm sorry Niall. I didn't think Luke would do this."

"It's okay, it just wasn't meant to be. But speaking of Charlie, where is she? I thought she was going to meet us here." 

"I thought she was too. I texted her where we were. I'm sure she's just running late." 

After another 10 minutes with no Charlie, Niall and I decided to just order without her. She probably got distracted by a new Dan and Phil video and got lost in the world of YouTube. That sounds like something Charlie would do. 

"So, what are we doing today?" I broke the silence.

"I don't know. Did you have anything in mind?" 

"Not really. All I know is that Luke is coming up with this big plan to win Charlie back. He's probably going to be trying to put that in action." I laughed.

"He really is determined to get her back isn't he?" Niall laughed along.

"Oh you don't even know the half of it. Back in Australia, I swear every fucking week he screwed up and then Charlie would forgive him and they went on like this until Luke got put in fucking jail and Charlie had finally decided she had enough and when he came back she didn't come running to him. I guess that's what made Luke realize that he really messed up and couldn't live without Charlie and now he wants to win her back." I explained.

"Wow. I didn't know he got put in jail. No wonder Charlie had to get away for a little bit." 

"Yeah. But I guess it didn't really do much since Luke is here." I awkwardly laughed.

We finished up breakfast and decided to go back to mine and Charlie's hotel room to decide what to do for the day.

I am so sorry for not updating last week and this is such a terrible chapter. School has only been in for a few weeks and it's already stressing me out. I've also been just dealing with some stuff, but I should be updating on a regular schedule now because I'll probably have more time as long as I don't procrastinate with homework. But thank you for 5k reads and all the votes, I love you all so much!