Chapter 7

Charlie's POV

When my stupid alarm woke me up that morning, I noticed that Luke was gone. I wasn't surprised. I only told him to stay with me until I fell asleep and he did that. I finally pried myself from my warm bed over to my closet. I pulled out an All Time Low shirt and black skinny jeans with some rips around the knees on them. I quickly put on light make up and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I waited for Michael to come pick me up for school like normal on the living room. I heard a car pull up, but recognized it as Kassidy's instead. I ran out the door to her car.

"What are you doing here? Since when do you pick me up from school?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"I wanted to be nice and pick you up for Michael." I could tell that she was lying.

"No, why are you really here?"

"Fine. I need to know what Luke did yesterday. He told me he would do something but didn't tell me what. I was waiting for  call or text from you yesterday but nothing ever happened. I know he did something, so tell me."She pestered."

"Ok, well he did do something," we were finally driving to school and she nodded urging me to go on, "At like maybe midnight or so that night he came over to my house and was throwing pebbles at my window. He apologized and took me to the park for a picnic and sang me a song. Then wee went home." I said, briefly retelling what had happened last night, leaving out some details like we were dating and he stayed with me until I fell asleep.

"You're dating now, right? If you say no, I swear, I will scream." She told me. I didn't want to risk getting into a car accident because of her screaming, so I told her what happened when he asked me out. She was still squealing like a fangirl when we got to school. I didn't if I should want Luke here today, I mean yes we were dating now, but I hated being the center of attention and being Luke Hemmings' new girlfriend was definitely something people would notice and talk about all day. Kassidy ran up to the boys and I could have sworn that she would tell them about what I had just told her, but she kept her mouth shut. I silently thanked her for that. It wasn't until a few minutes into math I saw Luke. I thought he was ditching today, like he does pretty much every day. He came in the class and sat  down next to me. Kassidy was making faces at me the whole period. From sitting next to Luke and Kassidy distracting me the whole time, I didn't learn a thing in my class. I know it looked bad, but I raced out of that class before Luke could catch up to me. It wasn't that I was embarrassed of him, but if people saw us together right now, I would totally be the talk of the school, I can just talk to him at lunch. In choir, Luke didn't say anything to me, was he mad that I didn't wait for him after class? I hope not. Science with Michael was probably the best class of the day, but it always is. When Michael and I were walking to lunch, Luke came up to us. He shot a glare to Michael. What was up with him and Michael?

"Can I talk to you, Charlie? Alone." It wasn't much of a question, because he just grabbed my arm and led me over to some lockers.

"What are you doing?" Luke asked me, looking very annoyed .

"I was walking to lunch with Michael. What's the problem with that?"

"Just don't walk with him anymore." He demanded.

"What? You're kidding right, Luke. He's my friend, you don't get to choose who I talk to and don't talk to. You don't need to be jealous. I like you, not him." I was starting to calm down. I just really hope that our relationship won't be like this all the time, him getting jealous over me talking to my friends."

"But, Charlie, he likes you and I don't want you to get taken away from me." Luke told me. I have to admit, I was a little surprised that Michael liked me, I just thought we were really good friends, but then again I was oblivious to almost everything.

"Lukey, you don't have to worry about anything. I'm not leaving you anytime soon." I assured him. "Lets go to lunch. I'm hungry."

Michael must have went into the lunch room because he was gone when I came back. I sat down at out usual table with Luke and questions were immediately fired at me.

"You're dating? Why didn't you tell us? Kassidy had to tell us everything. I can't believe Luke is actually dating somebody, I don't think that had happened since the third grade with Cindy Martin. But he got dumped on the playground." Ashton wouldn't stop talking and got punched in the arm by Luke from the last remark. I was a bit overwhelmed by everything that was coming out of his mouth so quickly.

"Ok, um, yes we are dating and I don't why I didn't tell you guys. I mean it was late last night when it happened so I didn't want to text you guys at 1 a.m telling you everything. I also assumed that Luke had to have told one of you something." I said slowly. Michael stayed silent the whole time and was just staring at Luke and Luke was smirking back. I am going to talk to him about that after school. I was not some prize he could brag about to people. Besides the occasional question from Ashton or Calum, lunch was pretty quiet. There was a tension that I couldn't quite place. During history and English, Calum and Ashton would not leave me alone. I didn't know they could het any more annoying, but apparently I was wrong.

"Hey, Charlie." A voice said behind me.  I immediately placed it as Jake's.

"What have I said to you about 50 times, Jake? Leave me alone." I slammed my locker and started to walk away. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. It wasn't like Luke's touch, firm but gentle, Jake's was harsh and painful.

"And what have I said to you before, princess? You will want me." He said so close to my face, I could smell his disgusting breath.

"Never in a million years, and stop calling me that." I struggled to get out of his grip. He had backed me up to a wall and was about to kiss me, but I had pushed him off just in time. He seemed shocked from what I had done when I glanced at him before running away. Luke did not need to know about this, he got jealous of Michael walking with me to lunch, if he knew about this I have no idea what he would do. I found Michael waiting by his car with Luke, this will be an interesting car ride.

"Hey." I said to both of them.

"Hey Charlie." Michael half smiled.

Luke replied by kissing me on the cheek, je really likes rubbing it in Michael's face that he got to me first. I hopped in the backseat and Michael started talking.

"So there's a party on Friday. Wanna come?" He asked me.

"Wasn't there a party just last week?" I wondered.

"Yeah. People here throw a party every week." Luke explained.

"Ok, yeah sure I'll go."

"Cool. I'll pick you up around 8?" Luke offered.

"Sure. Thanks for the ride Mikey see you tomorrow." I said as I got out of the car. The minute I started walking up my driveway I could hear Luke and Michael fighting. I couldn't hear much, but I could hear the occasional, "I hate you too, screw you, or whatever." When I was almost to my door I heard something that made me almost stop in my tracks, but remembered that I was supposed to be going inside, "Yeah well, Luke, you are going to mess up with her one of these days and she'll come crying to me. When that happens, I'm going to make sure you lose her forever!" Then a door slammed and I ran to my door faster than I thought was possible for me, I did not want to face either of them after what I had just heard.

Hey. I know that this chapter really sucks, sorry I literally have no good ideas right now. It will get better once I can think of some more ideas.