Chapter 21

Luke's POV

We spent the next couple hours laying on the blanket. We didn't say anything to each other during that time. As much as I wanted to talk about what was going on with us to her, I didn't want to ruin anything right now. I looked down at her, and saw she was asleep. I started to drift off to sleep with Charlie laying in my arms next to me.

***

When I woke up in the morning, I saw that I wasn't in my hotel room, I was still by the lake from Charlie and I's date. I needed to wake up Charlie, but she looked so cute sleeping. After a few minutes of debating whether or not to wake her up, I decided that I needed to get her back to her hotel.

"Charlie. Wake up." I shook her gently. She mumbled a sentence that I couldn't understand, so I decided to try again.

"Charlie, wake up. We need to get you back to your hotel."

"Why?" She said, starting to wake up.

"Because it's our last day here, and I'm sure Kassidy wants to do something with you."

"But I just want to stay here with you." She cuddled more into my chest.

"As much as I want that, we should get going." I told her. She groaned and got up.

We both got into the car and I started to drive.

"Hey Charlie can I ask you something?" I asked after a few silent minutes. When she didn't reply I tried asking her again, but she still didn't answer me. I looked over at her and saw that she was asleep.

"I guess I'll just wait for the plane ride." I quietly mumbled to myself.

Charlie's POV

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder.

"Charlie, we're here." Luke said.

I opened my eyes to see we were parked outside of my hotel.

"You sure do sleep a lot." He laughed.

"Well I haven't had a good nights sleep since you left." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear me. But he heard me anyways.

"I'm sorry, Charlie. I didn't mean to hurt you like I did." He apologized.

"I know, Luke. I'm just glad you're back." Whispering the second part, and to my relief he didn't hear it or just didn't say anything to it.

"After you get back from whatever you're doing with Kassidy today, can I talk to you about something?" He asked, I was a bit worried about what he wanted to talk about, but agreed anyways.

"Okay, I'll see you later then." He kissed me on the cheek and I got out of the car.

I walked in the room as quietly as I could, there was no sign of Kassidy which gave me a wave of relief for not having to explain myself right now.

"Hi Charlie." Kassidy said coming out of the bathroom, "nice of you to come back."

"I'm sorry Kass. I lost track of time and then I fell asleep-" I tried explaining.

"Relax, I'm kidding. Did you have a good time?" She laughed.

"Yes, I actually did." I smiled.

"Good, now I have a day planned for us, but I expect to hear everything about your date. Be ready in 20." She said as she walked back into the bathroom.

I looked through my suitcase, not sure what to wear.

"Kassidy where are we going? I need to know what to wear." I yelled to her.

"I'm not saying, but just wear what you would normally wear." She called back.

I picked out some black skinny jeans and a Bring Me The Horizon shirt.

"Really? Again with the band shirts and skinny jeans? Don't you wear anything else?" She teases when she came out of the bathroom.

"You said wear what I normally wear, so me wearing this is technically your fault." I shot back.

Kassidy rolled her eyes at me. "We should get going soon if we want to get everything done. You ready?"

"Let me go brush my hair and teeth really quickly." I went to the bathroom, trying to do something cute with my hair, but ended up just leaving it down. I brushed my teeth and came back out for us to go.

Kassidy got a taxi and whispered to the driver where we were going, I didn't even try to hear what she said to him. I was too busy thinking about what Luke might want to talk to me about. He could want to talk about getting back together or he changed his mind and never wants to talk to me again. I needed to forget about it for today, I can worry about it when we get back. This day was for me and Kassidy to finally get to do something together.

"Where's Niall today?" I asked her.

"There was a football (soccer if you're American) game that he didn't want to miss today.

"Oh I didn't know he liked football."

"He loves it. It's like his life." She laughed, "so since we have some time, I would love to hear about that date you went on last night."

"Fine, what do you want to hear?" I agreed.

"Everything. Just start from when he picked you up to when he dropped you off. I need to know every detail."

I told her about when we arrived at the restaurant and the reservations weren't made and how we went to a diner instead. I told her about the lake we went to afterwards and just looked at the stars, with her making occasional comments about how romantic and adorable it all sounds.

"That's so cute! But you never told me why you didn't come home until this morning." She smirked.

"Nothing happened, we just fell asleep. It was so nice being able to sleep next to Luke again, I haven't actually had a good nights sleep until last night."

"That's so sweet. But I'm surprised nothing happened, he set everything up so perfectly for something to happen."

"Yeah I guess he did, but I'm glad nothing did happen. It would have been to fast. I mean he just got back and we're not even dating again." I explained.

"You're not? Why not? After everything last night you still won't date him?" She questioned.

"Well it just never came up. He wants to talk to me once we get back, so it could be about getting back together, but I'm still nervous about what he could want to talk about."

"Why are you nervous? He obviously wants to get back together with you. A dude doesn't just fly from Australia to Ireland for a girl to just change his mind about everything." Kassidy assured.

"Thanks you always know how to assure me that things will work out. But if it is about us getting back together, should I say yes? I mean I've given him so many chances before, I don't want to get hurt again." I worried again.

"Look, Charlie I know things haven't been perfect between you two in the past, but things can never get better if you don't give him a chance. He knows he messed up, and now he's trying really hard to get you back. When he does talk to you, please don't shoot him down right away. Just try things between you and Luke. Plus didn't he say that if he messed up again, he wouldn't bother you again?" Kassidy said trying to change my mind, which completely worked.

"You're right, I should at least try this relationship one more time. But if it doesn't work and I get hurt again, I'm blaming you." I laughed.

A few minutes later, we pulled up in front of the Dublin Zoo. I hadn't been to a zoo since I was a little girl, so I was very excited about this.

Hey guys. I'm really sorry for not updating in a few weeks. School has been really stressful lately and I had absolutely no ideas for this book, until tonight and it's not great but I felt bad for not updating in a while. But anyways thanks for 8k reads!! It means a lot. I'm going to try to update again soon. I'm thinking of ending this book in maybe 4 or 5 chapters and starting a new one after. But thanks for everything, I love seeing that you guys are enjoying this story. Okay I'm done talking now. Byeeeeeee.