Chapter 3

Charlie's POV

The music got louder as I walked up to the open door. I pulled out my phone to text Michael.

I'm here by the door where are you?

I received a text soon after.

Stay there, I'll come to you.

I did as told and searched for him. I saw his head start to come towards me.

"Hey Charlie!" He shouted over the music. "You look good."

"Thanks." I smiled. He guided me to the kitchen to get a drink.

"No thanks, I think I'm stay sober tonight." I refused his offer to a beer.

"Here, get a soda instead." He pointed to a cupboard where soda bottles were. "I'll be in the living room, I think they're playing truth or dare so meet me in there when you're done." He smiled.

I walked over to the cupboard and realized that I was too short to reach the bottle. I considered climbing on the counter to get it or pulling up a chair but decided against it because I didn't want to be noticed. I stood on my tip-toes trying to get a grasp of the root beer. Suddenly a hand grabbed it for me. I turned around to find Luke holding out the bottle to me.

"Here." He gave me the bottle.

"Thanks." I started to pour it into the cup.

"So you don't drink?" He asked.

"Not tonight." I replied, or ever I thought. I put the cap back on the bottle and started out of the kitchen with Luke trailing behind. I followed the sound of voices yelling to the living room. Michael was in a circle with a spot next to him.

"Hey." I said.

"Oh hi. It's um, Kassidy's turn to ask somebody I think." He already sounded drunk. How much has he had to drink?

"Ok, um, Michael truth or dare?" She seemed completely sober, good.

"Dare." He said quickly.

"Ok, I dare you to lick the inside of Oliver's ear." Michael made a look of disgust when he heard that and so did the kid who I assumed to be Oliver. He crawled over to him anyways and did it. His tongue sliding into poor Oliver's ear. It was over as quick as it had begun. Michael grabbed his cup to wash the taste out of his mouth.

"Gross. Um, Oliver truth or dare." Michael asked.

"Truth." He replied quickly trying to wipe saliva out of his ear, I guess he didn't want to do something like that to someone.

"Are you a virgin?" Michael asked.

"No." Oliver said, I would believe it, he is super hot. "Truth or dare Charlie?"

He knew my name? "Um, dare." Once I said it, I knew that it was a mistake. "Ok, I dare you to play 7 minutes in heaven with," he paused for a minute looking around the circle carefully, "with Luke." When he said that I choked on the root beer I was drinking. "W-what?" I asked.

"Oh, c'mon Charlie," Luke said as he stood up. He walked over to me and grabbed my arm. Before I knew it, he was closing the closet door behind us.

"Do we have to do this? I mean I know it was a dare and stuff but can we just not and say we did?" I hoped he would say ok, but of course he had to be difficult.

"Why? Are you scared? Charlie, have you even kissed anyone?" He teased.

"I'm not scared, and yes I have kissed someone before." I said.