Chapter 20

Charlie's POV

"Are you going to tell me where we're going now?" I begged once we got in the elevator.

"Hmmm, let me think. No." He smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Really? I've told you how much I hate surprises."

"I know. That's why I keep doing them to you." He smiled. I hit his arm playfully. The elevator had finally gotten to the lobby. We didn't say anything as we walked to his car.

"How'd you get a car?" I asked him.

"I rented it." Luke replied.

He opened my door for me. Once I was in, he jogged over to his side of the car and got inside.

"Can you tell me where we're going now?" I begged again.

"Nope."

I groaned and got my phone out to plug into the AUX cord. Luke gave me a weird look.

"What? If you're not going to tell me where we're going then I get to choose the music. Plus my music is better than yours."

"We listen to the same music." He reminded me.

"Oh, right. I forgot." I laughed awkwardly. Luke laughed at my forgetfulness and continued to drive.

I plugged in my phone and when I hit play on my Spotify playlist the young and hopeless by Good Charlotte came on. Luke seemed to perk up and smiled when he heard it.

"I'm guessing you like them?" I giggled.

"Yes, I love Good Charlotte!" He nodded his head, "They were my first album I ever bought."

"How come you never told me you liked them?"

"It just never came up I guess."

A few minutes later I got bored again, "Are we there yet?"

"Does it look like we're there yet?

"I don't know. Maybe if I knew where we were going I could tell you."

"Well to answer your question, no we're not there yet. And I'm not telling you anything. I don't want to ruin tonight."

"Is there something big planned, Hemmings?"

"Maybe."

We both stayed quiet until we finally got to where Luke was taking me. We pulled up in front of a restaurant. It looked really fancy.

"Wow Luke. How did you get a reservation here? I've heard of this place, isn't it like really fancy and hard to get in?"

"I know people." He smirked and grabbed my hand to pull me in the restaurant.

Luke's POV

Charlie went to wait in the waiting area as I talked to the hostess.

"Hello sir. Do you have a reservation?" The hostess smiled.

"Yes. It should be under Hemmings." 

"Sorry sir, but there's no reservation for Hemmings." She told me.

"Can you check again?" I started to panic. I told Kassidy to make the reservation while I got ready, clearly she didn't.

"Sorry, there's no Hemmings."

"Can you let us in anyways?" I hoped she would say yes, but knowing my luck she didn't.

"There are no open tables, I'm sorry sir but we can't fit you in tonight." She said, now looking annoyed.