Chapter 17

Charlie's POV

The drive to the restaurant is short and quiet. Every once in while Niall would look over at me and smile, I would smile weakly back. I couldn't have been happier when we got the restaurant. Niall opened the car door for me which made me smile. We stand outside a cute Italian restaurant. It has red and white checkered table cloths, candles, and a very inviting feeling. I take Niall's hand as we walk inside. We sit a table in the back corner of the restaurant. We sit down and a comfortable silences overcomes us. Niall breaks it after five minutes,

" Wanna play twenty questions?" He asks grinning.

" Sure. You go first." I start to ease into my chair and thoughts of Luke slowly skip out of my mind.

" Okay, favorite bands?" He starts off the game.

" How much time do we have?" I giggle,

" Well, I like Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At The Disco, All Time Low,and so many more." I say.

" Personally, I love the band Oasis, they are like the best," He chuckles putting emphasis on love. Before we can even get to the second question the waiter comes,

" What can I get you love birds to drink tonight?" The waiter asks.

" I will just have water, thanks." I reply. Niall orders a Coke then we are back to are game.

" Okay, do you think his accent was authentic?" I ask curious about his answer,

" Sure, but it is't as sexy as mine." Niall smiles I laugh which is something that has become rare in the past year. Our game continues like this for an hour. By the time it comes to the last question, we had just ordered dessert. We have already talked about our deepest fears and our weirdest dreams. I ask the last question,

" Are you enjoying this date?" I ask taking a sip of my water.

" Charlie, I think this has been one of the best dates I have ever been on." He blushes as he says it. It was really cute. We stay silent for a little while, then Niall looks at me and smiles. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

" So, Charlie why did you come to Ireland?" He asks after dessert is served.

"Well, I left because I needed to think about some things. Life back in Australia was just getting to be to much so Kassidy took me here." I say and bite into the large cookie.

" Okay is this not the best cookie you have ever tasted?"Niall changes the subject, he probably sensed some pretty tense emotions towards the subject of Luke.

" Yes it is!" I say before stuffing my mouth. Once I swallow, I can barely keep the words in my mouth.

" I love this song." I say as Nine in the Afternoon by Panic! At The Disco starts to play.  Niall gets out of his chair and walks towards me with and outstretched hand.
" May I have this dance?" He ask politely.
" Of course." I take his hand. He puts his hand on my waist and I put my hand on his shoulder and with our free hands we clasp each other's and begin to take awkward steps around the tables. Niall stubs his toes on one of the tables and tries not curse while I try not to laugh. We make our way towards the front of the restaurant. The only other problem there are an older couple who smile as we dance passed them. I trip over Niall's feet and we both fall. I laugh as we both hit the ground with a thump. Niall gets up and brushes off his pants before offering me a hand up. We begin to walk back to our corner hand in hand when I stop in my tracks. A too familiar voice sends chills down my spine,
" Charlie?" The voices huffs. I turn around to see Luke staring at me with cold eyes.
" Luke? What the fuck are you doing here?" I yell as Niall is turning around to evaluate the scene. Our hands are still clasped tight.
" I'm here to fix things with you. God what an idiot I am, who the hell is this?" He yells at me.
" Can we do this outside please?" I ask walking towards him to take him outside.
" I'm sorry, I asked you question. Who the fuck is he?" I grabbed his arm and told him to come outside with me, so he did.
" Charlie, who the fuck was that?" He yelled at me once again when we were outside. His eyes were growing dark like they did when he saw the bruises on my arms. I took a step back in fear, then replied,
" That is Niall, him and I are just friends. Can you please calm down?" I plead with him.
" Sure because that's why you were holding hands. Charlie, I came here for you! I thought we were going to try to work this out! You are mine, you are not Michael's  or Niall's!" He is staring at me, eyes cold.
" You are a fucking idiot! Haven't we been over this?! I'm not a piece of your property! Niall made me laugh for the first time since you left, he made me feel like everything was going to be alright! You on the other hand can't seem to get it through your thick skull that this isn't working! You fucked up everything in my life up when you left! Then when I think things might be better you come into my life again! I'm just done!" I scream at him tears streaming down my face. Luke steps closer to me, making me lose all courage I had before.

"Charlie. I don't know what to do, I've tried talking to you, I've apologized, I even came to fucking Ireland for you! But nothing seems to be enough for you! I want to work things out with you, but if you're just going to ignore me and go crawling to whatever man is willing to help you, I can't fix this. I need you to help me out here, running away from me isn't helping anything." Luke said, calming down with every word. He was right, but I couldn't admit it. I want to fix things too, but I don't want to deal with anymore of this stupid shit all the time.

"Luke, I'm not a slut. I never went crawling to Michael, if that's what you're wondering. And Niall was just a blind date Kassidy wanted me to go on. I told you I'm done. You're wasting your time here, if you're trying to get me back." I said, suddenly gaining my confidence back. I pushed him aside and walked back in the restaurant to Niall. I put on my best fake smile, but it didn't work very well. Niall opened his arms and I ran into them, bursting out in tears as he rubbed my back and whispered, "It'll be ok." in my ear.

"I'm really sorry about everything." I sniffled, "You probably hate me now because I ruined such a perfect night."

"You didn't ruin anything. I got to get to spend time with an amazing girl, and that's the best thing I could ask for." He smiled.

"Can you just take me back to my hotel?" I asked.

"Whatever you want." He went to pay for our meal, after my protesting, and came back to lead me to his car. The car ride was silent, which I was thankful for. He pulled up in front of the hotel Kassidy and I were staying at.

"Thank you Niall. I had a really great time." I smiled.

"No problem. I had a really good time too. I'll probably see you tomorrow, Charlie, bye." He waved goodbye. I slowly walked into the hotel and up to my room. I hear someone clear their throat and I knew who it was immediately.

"I told you I'm done, Luke." I sighed.

"Please, just hear me out." He begged.

"I have heard you out and you called me a slut." I reminded him.

"I didn't mean to. I didn't even mean it like that." 

"Then why'd you say it?" 

"I-I don't know." He stuttered.

"Luke, this isn't helping." I stated the obvious.

"I know. I know. I'm really sorry, for everything. Can we please try to work this out?" Luke begged.

OH MY GOD! JET BLACK HEART!! I'M DYING!