Chapter 12

Hey guys, so before you read on please know that this chapter contains Luke's past. It has abuse, bullying, and depression in it. This is just a warning. I just wanted to let you guys know that before you read this. I put in a song during Luke's story, it has a weird rain thing in the background so please ignore that if you play the song. It's the only one I could find that wasn't a cover. Thanks my lovelies.

Charlie's POV

"I might as well tell you because I already brought you here." He chuckled.

I found a spot to sit down and patted a place next to me for him to sit. He sighed and began to tell his backstory.

"When I was younger, around 8, my dad became a drunk and very abusive towards me. He went to jail when I was 12 but is supposed to be released very soon. Every day, I would come here to escape everything. When I was 10, I started to get bullied. I was terribly bullied until I was 16. For those 6 years I would come up here to get away from everyone because I couldn't go home to my parents. I mean my dad was probably drunk and even when he was in jail, my mom became very neglectful towards me. She just started to focus more on her work than her own child. I was basically invisible at home and at school I would only get picked on. During those 6 years, I became depressed and didn't want to live. The bullying only got worse when kids found out why my dad was in jail. Because of everything that happened, I became who I am today. The only reason that I'm still here is because of Calum, Ashton, and Michael, they're the only ones who haven't left me." He explained everything. I had dealt with bullying for years too, but I never got depressed or suicidal. I honestly had no idea what to say. I just scooted closer of him and hugged him.

"You'll never have to worry about me leaving you Luke. I'll always be here." I tried to assure him.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

After a few more minutes of cuddling, we decided it would be a good idea to go home. It was around 4 when we got to the car and I knew my parents were going to kill me for 1) ditching school and 2) being home late and not telling them where I was. To make it even worse I knew they didn't approve of Luke and when they found out I was with him all day, I was dead. The car ride to my house was a comfortable silence, we didn't need to say anything to each other after what just happened. It was nice to have the silence though, it gave me time to think about everything that I had just heard. I can't say I'm completely surprised that Luke had a rough past, but I never would have guessed all of that. A million questions were still on my head. Is he still neglected at home? When his dad gets out of prison, will he come for Luke? Is Luke's dad allowed to be with Luke? Where is his mom, I haven't ever seen her. Even though I was curious about all of these things, I knew it was hard enough for Luke to say what he said to me already, he didn't need to answer my questions, at least not right now. Soon enough we were back at my house. I saw that both of my parents were home. Great. I really did not want to have to explain myself to them.

"Bye Luke. Thanks for the amazing day. I'll see you tomorrow." I kissed him on the cheek and walked to my door. As soon as I opened the door, questions came flying at me.

"Where have you been, young lady?"
"Ditching school? Why did you ditch school?"
"Were you with that Luke boy again?"
"You have a lot of explaining to do."

I sighed then sat down on the couch ready to answer their questions.

"I was with Luke." I stated simply.

"Luke? Did he make you ditch?" My mom asked.

"No, mom. It was my decision. Not everything is Luke's fault, so leave him alone." I tried to defend him. Although it was just pointless, my mom had made her mind up about him and was too stubborn to change her opinion.

"We don't want you hanging out with Luke anymore, Charlie." My dad said calmly. This was obviously my mom's decision.

"What?! You can't choose who I hang out with. I like Luke. He's not making me do anything, and before you say anything he's not a bad influence! He's changed me from a lonely shy girl who nobody likes into someone who can speak their opinion and not care what others may think. I'm not just going to leave him after what he's done for me!" I yelled.

I stomped up the stairs before they could say anything else. This was just like when Luke thought he could decide who I could and couldn't hang out with. Why do people think that they have a say in that stuff? I slammed my door and flopped down on my bed. I just watched YouTube for a couple of hours to try and calm myself down, before realizing how hungry I was. It had to be ok to go downstairs now. My parents were in the living room so I quickly passed them and went straight to the kitchen. I heated up some left over pizza and ran back upstairs. A few minutes passed and a light tapping at my window interrupted my Danisnotonfire marathon. I knew it was Luke and that automatically made me happier.

"Hey Lukey." I smiled.

"Hi Charlie." He greeted back. "Can I come up?"

"Hold on."

I saw that my parents were going to their room. Even though it was only 8 they were goong to sleep, I guess they've always liked going to bed really early. I knew they wouldn't bother me, so it had to be safe for Luke to come in. I quickly ran back to the window to see Luke still in the same spot.

"Sure, come on up."

It only took a few seconds for him to climb into my room. As he was just about to come inside he fell from my window, face first right onto my floor. He was so awkward. I started to laugh but he shot me a glare and I stopped to help him up.

"So, why'd you come here?" I wondered.

"Just to come see you." He was so cute, once you get passed all the tattoos and piercings he was the sweetest person ever. He lied down on my bed and I came to join him. For the next 3 hours, I was showing him Youtube channels from Amazingphil to Connor Franta to My Digital Escape. He liked every youtuber I showed him, I guess he didn't watch YouTube that often because he didn't know any of the people I introduced him to. Around 11 we both started to get tired. I didn't want him to have to go back to his lonley house, so he stayed at mine. Once I was starting to fall asleep, I felt his arms wrap around my waist to pull me closer to him. That's how we fell asleep and I don't think I've ever slept better than with Luke's arms wrapped around me and his body keeping my warm.

Hi! So I just wanted to say that if any of you guys are feeling depressed please talk to someone. If you don't want to talk to someone in person I'm always here for you to message me. I'll respond to you as soon as I can. Just please don't hurt yourself, you're to special and perfect for that. If you think that there's nothing for you here, just think of the boys and how much you'll miss everything their doing if you're gone. I love you even if I've never met you, trust me you're amazing and beautiful and perfect. That's all.