"MOVE!" she yelled, but he wouldn't she tried to push past him but he still wouldn't budge.

"I HAVE TO GO TO HER! AGGH-AINE! SHE NEEDS HER MOTHER! AINE! SHE NEEDS HER MOTHER-!"

Aine eyes widened as Jess eyes rolled back, and she fainted. Quickly he caught her, "Jess, Jess...Jess!"

She didn't responded no matter how he shook her, or called her name. Picking her up, he yelled for someone to come.

**

Talith rushed into the main bedroom of the Emperors, his heavily pregnant wife with him. She Let go of his hand and walked over to the bedside of the sleeping Empress. His wife, sister to the Empress placed a hand on Empresses head.

"Oh, Jess baby what happened?" She asked silently, her hands combing through her hair. She lifted her eyes to Aine, "How long has she been out?"

Aine, who was leaned against the opposite wall of the bed frowned. "The doctor came and checked on her an hour ago, but when he awakened her, she went in to hysterics once again-."

Leah lifted a hand, cutting him off. Unlike her creative older sister. Leah was sharp in her personality, and calculating. "My sister doesn't just go into hysterics that make her faint." She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, "What happened?"

Aine frowned, he avoided her eyes. The silence stretched in the room. Talith observed him quietly before her turned to his wife and spoke.

"Urianna was kidnapped."

"What?!"

"Talith!"

Talith faced Aine and bowed, "I apologize emperor but for everyones health it's better to be blunt."

His hand-fisted at his side, Aine glared at Taliths lowered head. Frustrated he turned his head way and stared at spot on the carpet.

Shocked, Leah plopped onto the bed, "Wow!" A thought occurred to her, and she looked at Aine, "You-the idiot, kept it a secret."

Shaking her head, she pointed to the door, "Get out."

Aine jerked his head up, "I can-."

Leah wasn't having any of it, "Leave, and bring back my niece, and don't comeback unless you have her with you."

Aine wanted to argue, but Talith blocked him and motioned towards the door. "This is the better option, Sire."

Looking from Talith, to the mulish expression on Leah's face, he sighed heavily feeling all his forty-fiveyears of life on his shoulders.

"Okay."

Talith followed him out, shutting the door behind him.

**

After few hours of staring out of the window, Shelby finally was allowed to leave. Seeing the time that glowed on the wall above the infirmary made her wince. It ten already, her body no longer hurt she was now only hungry.

Arriving at her rooms, she paused when pressed the button and it opened to a darkened room. He hadn't returned...and he hadn't visited her. Taking a slow breath, she entered the lights turned automatically at her entrance.

Tossing a bottle of water on the couch, she walked into the bedroom bypassing the now clean room she entered the bathroom to wash.

The warm water hit her skin, and she shivered it felt like she'd standing in ice since she'd awoken. bowing her head, she let the tears fall. Her eyes watched as the water went down the drain, lifting a hand she stopped the water and let the shower.

Entering the room, after she'd changed into sweats she paused for second when she heard a pen scratching against paper. Deciding it would serve her better to ignore it, she continued drying her hair and sat at the vanity table.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

She shrugged, "No where in particular." She said, as she let her towel drape around her shoulders, and reached for the face cream. "I figured you'd be busy."

"That's not an answer Shelby," She could hear the frown in his voice, "Tell me where you were."

Shelby held the bottle of face cream, before she slammed it down. Turning around, she glared at him. "Ivan, it doesn't work the way you think."

His brows furrowed at her soft voice, he lifted his gaze and met hers.

Shelby continued, "Either we care for each other, or I'm just a fuck toy. If you want a fuck toy, then you don't need to know where I've been." She smirked, even though she was screaming at herself to stop talking. "As long as I'm here, with my legs wide open it doesn't matter whether I like reading, and long walks in the park. Don't bother pretending to care about my dreams and hopes, when what you really want is whore who is in reach."

Ivan slapped a hand down on his desk, disturbing the ink bottle causing it to fall to the floor. He stood, his eyes narrowed, "Insolent!" He walked around his desk and stomped over to her and jerked her up. His eyes red cut into hers, "Why do you push me?!"

Shelby scoffed, not bothering to fight him. "Hah, push?" Her expression was amused, "Ivan, your the one who said, "It doesn't matter what you desire, you only purpose is to please me." Her eyes became cold, "I'm merely reiterating our contract, you fuck when and wherever you want. Nothing says I'm to love, or even like you. I just need to keep my pussy wet, and open and your satisfied." She whispered.

Ivan felt pressure build in his chest, how...how could she speak so calmly of his use of her. He hadn't been aware of...of what. Ivan's inner conscious refused to go near that thought. If he dared to even think it, he'd loose something precious again. He didn't want to loose something precious again.

Slowly he loosened his hold on her arms, his hands falling loosely to his side. The Shelby he coveted wasn't this acid tongue, that in her attempt to harm him, was harming herself.

"I will leave, and return before twelve." He spoke calmly, "I hope when you return your attitude will return to what befits a Ce-fu-jin."

He saw her eyes flutter, before she turned away from him with no word and sat again at her vanity table.

He stared at her profile, seeing her hand shake when it reached out for one of the bottles in front of her.

Turning away, he left the room. The Shelby he ...he coveted was slowly disappearing. Ivan wasn't sure why he'd forced her to be his, at the time it'd been clear. Her fighting spirit, and her daring excited him. She wasn't afraid to tell him what she thought, but after the announcement of his imminent marriage she'd started showing her vulnerability.

Walking outside into the dark hallway he frowned. If he truly thought about it, he knew what was bothering her but he had no choice if he wanted to become Emperor and get revenge against Tai-fai he had to follow his father orders.

Ivan sighed, it was better if he pulled away now. He closed his eyes against the pain that always occurred when he thought of parting from Shelby. But this was the only way, to make sure she would choose to leave at the end of next month. It was the only way.

AN: Get ready, next chapter will be a splurge of Ivan's thoughts and motives. I figured it was time y'all get to know him better.