Lost To Us

Mabel

The sky turned dark and unleashed a heavy downpour of rain and as she sat in the attic she felt a sense of dread grip her. Something terrible had happened.

Dipper

He didn't feel too much different at first. But according to Bill he was. He looked at his reflection in the calm water of the lake. No, he looked the same. A little scruffy, no expression on his face, but he still looked like himself. That was until Bill startled him and his pupils pulled themselves into slits. "Oh."

"It's not too different." Bill admitted.

"But I don't feel anything."

"Yes well powers are a working progress, you'll-"

"No, Bill, I don't feel anything. No hurt, no betrayal, not even a heart beat." Bill must have expected him to freak out because he looked surprised when Dipper added, "This is great." He grasped Bill's usually cold human form arms and recoiled when he found them to be sort of warm or at least a comfortable temperature. Which meant their temperatures must have matched.

"Well Pine-Tree, it is official, you are a Dream Demon. What are you going to do first?"

"Pay my dear sister a little visit."

Mabel

Sleep didn't come easy for Mabel. And when it finally did her dreams were anything but pleasant. Nightmares ran rampant in her mind. And then all of a sudden they were gone. She was in a dark and creepy version of the Old Gleeful factory. "Hello Mabel." The voice, while familiar was cold and anything but comforting.

"Dipper, I've been so worried." She said turning to face him. But she gasped as soon as she saw him. He floated carelessly at about eye level his eyes were slits and his grin was devilish.

"Sure you have. Sure you have."

"Bill-"

"I'm not possessed Mabel. Bill is right here with me." As he said it the dream demon made an appearance.

"Heyo, Shooting Star." He laughed.

"What have you done to Dipper!" She shouted.

"Nothing he didn't want."

"Liar."

"Ask him yourself."

"Dipper."

"He's telling the truth Mabel. I wanted this." He grinned as she started to beat her fists into his chest. "That isn't going to change anything sister dear, but please don't stop. After all... Pain is hilarious."

Mabel woke up screaming prompting both Stan and Ford to rush upstairs. "Mabel what's wrong?" Stan asked looking for injuries.

"D-Dipper!" She cried. "In my dreams. He... He had joined Bill!" She cried into Stan's chest and a sense of darkness loomed over the Mystery Shack.

"Was Bill there with Dipper?" Ford asked. Dread filled his every fibre of being as she nodded.

"Mabel if Dipper visits your dreams again do not trust a word he says, do not accept any deal he offers. He is lost to us." Ford said, Mabel began to cry even louder than before but for once Stan didn't chide Ford for his lack of sensitivity. He'd have said the same thing, safety over took kindness.

Bill

Bill was laughing, Dipper had been excellent, she'd woken in terror. Dipper didn't even seem phased. He'd very readily cast aside his feelings. "Now to get to work." Bill announced.

"I don't think I can destroy the world I grew up in. I don't feel any attachment to it though. It's confusing." Dipper grumbled.

"Funny, Mabel seemed all to ready to risk it. Are you sure you're twins." Bill replied earning a glare. "Relax newbie, I'll do most of the work. You just stick with me, learn the trade."

"Whatever."

"That's the spirit."

"I have a question."

"Ask away. I am all knowing."

"Were you once human?" Bill didn't make any sign that the question bothered him, but Dipper wondered if he'd reached a touchy subject. He didn't really care if he had but there was the chance he had.

"No. But I wasn't always a Demon." Bill said after a moment of silence. "I'm from a different plane of existence, I suppose my previous species could have been considered the humans of that place. The reining species."

"What happened to that place? Is it still there?"

"No."

"Did you-"

"No. I don't like this conversation." Dipper shrugged and floated ahead of him and touched onto the ground. It didn't matter to him. Nothing mattered to him anymore. If he couldn't destroy the world he'd just have to assist Bill. After all, everything that mattered to him was shattered by the one person he trusted with his life. And she had no idea she caused it.