Natsu's Confession

Just say something....tell her! Open your mouth and say the words! Now's not the time to be hesitant!

Natsu wasn't sure what he should say to her. He took a deep breath, and just opened his mouth letting words flow. "You know how you were... sorta... forced into marrying me?" He noticed an angry expression come across her face, she was remembering that horrible time. He scratched the back of his head and averted his eyes. "I 'proposed' because... if I didn't you would have... died." Natsu noticed that Lucy had gotten awfuly quite. Natsu knew he had already possibly told her too much, but he had to say more...

"They had told me that unless I keep you under control from acting out agaisnt Germany in this war, we will both end up sharing the same fate as every other jew...." Now he knew for sure that he said way to much to Lucy, anyone could be around them listening in, "That's why I must treat you so horribly, so that you can be safe." Natsu took a deep breath in and forced out, "I never, ever, would want to hurt you, Luce." He waited painfully for her to speak. Just one word.. Confirmation that he was being heard.

'Say something!! C'mon Luce, Anything!!'

------------------------------------------------

Lucy sat down in the sand, ruinning her dress and taking in all he had said, she noticed Natsu began to pull out the red box she had seen from before. But before he handed it to her, whatever it may be... Natsu joined her in the sand. Lucy noticed how beautiful this scene was, the two of them sitting at the beach watching the sunset... It was almost perfect.

"So that's why......" Lucy only spoke those three words, leaving behind a silence that felt like hours.

"I've been treating you terribly." Lucy stifled a gasp as she glanced over at Natsu, who had his forehead rested on the red box, his eyes tightly shut. He raised his head and turned over to her.

"I know this won't make up for what I've done... But I saw this and thought of you." He held out the box with hope in his eyes. After a couple seconds of her just staring at it he added, "I get if you can't accept my apology. Just know that I'm sorry." Lucy reached out her hand, It lighting brushing his as she accepted his gift.

"What is it?" She asked in a timid voice.

"Maybe you would find out if you opened the box." Natsu tease. His hear almost stopped when he saw the slight smile grace her lips as she cracked the box open. Not a glare, Not a 'Your an Idiot' remark. A smile. Natsu grinned at her as her eyes lit up.

"Canis Minor!" She shouted excitedly, forgetting to be mad at the guy. "Where did you find this?!"

Natsu was surprised at her reaction, but nonetheless answered her. "The gift shop on the ship. I-I wanted to apologize and tell you about my reason's.. And I decided adding a gift wouldn't hurt my chances." He scratched the back of his head again.

"Oh.." Lucy's eyes became dull as she looked back at the key. "So.. You're practically forced to torture me?"

Natsu winced at the word 'torture'. He also felt bad that the word explained the situation perfectly. "Yeah.."

Lucy looked down, "At least know where this is coming from..." She moved around the little key on her palm, "Thanks for th-"

Natsu cut Lucy off before she could say anything more he pressed his lips against hers. At first Natsu thought Lucy would pull away and slap him in the face, but to his surprise she melted into the kiss a couple seconds of shock. His hands cupped her face and he kissed her passionately. Lucy kissed back with as much passion.

Just as the sun set Natsu pulled away and looked into her eyes with a serious expression. "I hate that I have to treat you badly. I really do. I just don't want you to get hurt. I love you too much." He confessed.

"Natsu..." Lucy whispered.