Chapter One

Zayn's P.O.V

"Zayn! Baby! Wait up!" I heard Rebecca yell from behind me. I spun around and was met by the mesmerising brown eyes of my girlfriend.

"Hey sweetie." I said as I wrapped my arms around her thin waist. Rebecca and I had been dating for over 3 years now. We just fell together, her being head cheerleader and me on the football team. I couldn't have been happier. I loved her with every fibre in my body and would do anything for her.

"Do you want to come to mine tonight after practise? Dani flaked on me and now I have nowhere to go." Rebecca said as she pushed her body up against mine. I could feel her hot breathe on my cheek and smiled towards her.

"Can't. Sorry love. Mrs Flack is giving us our assignment partners today and I really wanted to get a head start. I was gonna invite whoever my partner is over. But you can come afterwards if you want? Maybe we could have some.... alone time." Rebecca smirked and brought her mouth to the corner of mine. "That would be nice." She smirked and lightly grabbed my bum. I started leaning in and...

*DING DING DING*

Seriously? Now? "Well there's the bell. I gotta go babe. I'll text you later." Rebecca sauntered off, swaying her hips as she left. Bloody tease. I stared walling towards the English building of our school. We were currently seniors at Cowell High Private School for the Highly Educated. It was the most prestigious school in all of London, and not to mention the most expensive. Only the richest of families sent their children here, or any person smart enough to get a scholarship. But that rarely happens. I think only one person in the school is here on scholarship. Her names Penny? Polly? I don't know. And if I'm honest I don't care. A guy like me doesn't associate with people like her. I'm way too good to be socialising with people any lower on the social scale than me. I own this school and everyone in it. I'm more popular than anyone, even the captain of the football team Louis. I walked through the door to my English class and everyone's eyes turned on me. Probably because I'm late.

"You're late Mr Malik." Mrs Flack said. Really? I hadn't noticed. I went up the back of the class and sat in my usual seat. I was right next to my best friend Niall. He moved here last year and was one of the very few people I trusted completely. He had bright blue eyes that had most girls swooning in a heartbeat, not to mention the shock of bottle blond hair on his head. He was impossible to go unnoticed. Just like me.

"Today I am going to tell you your partners for your assignments on the books you chose at the start of the semester. You will have to present BOTH of them between you. You already have the rubric that I'm using to grade them so I expect no faults to be in your work. As you already know I'm choosing your partners," the class collectively groaned.

"God I hope I'm with you." Niall muttered to me.

"Same mate." I whispered back.

"Now if you would all be quiet for a few moments," she pointedly looked at me and Niall, "I'll read out your partners. Tara Allen, Donovan Batmet. Claudia Brookes, Niall Horan. Eleanor Calder, Danielle Peazer. Jade Thirwall......" Mrs Flack continued on. I wasn't really listening to her anymore. As soon as Niall was paired up I lost all interest in this task. I thought for sure I was going to be with him. Especially since I caught her making out with a student and asked her specifically to put me with Niall. I don't know what I dislike more. The fact that I saw her snogging Harry or that she didn't listen to me.

  "Zayn Malik, Perrie Edwards." Mrs Flack read out. Who the hell is Perrie Edwards? Mrs Flack read out the rest of the names of the class and told us to get into our pairs and start our projects. I waited until everyone had moved to their pairs so I could see who this Perrie person was. I was craning my neck trying to see her but the only person left was this ugly girl. There's no way she can be my partner. The girl looks up and her eyes meet mine. Wow, I can see the blue from here. She starts to get up and approaches me.

Hell no.

I tried to turn around but there were too many people already working for me to move. Shit! She's getting closer. I started to turn away again when she started talking to me. "Z-Zayn? H-Hello I'm P-Perrie."  Her voice was very fragile. Actually all of her seemed fragile. Her platinum blonde hair was knotted and left hanging around her face. Her red and black uniform that was mean to be tight, hung loose on her small body and she had gigantic black glasses taking up half of her face. She held out a hand for me to shake but I looked at it in disgust. There's no way I'm touching a peasant like her. A hurt look crossed her face and she slowly dropped her hand as we fell into an awkward silence.

I did know this girl now that I looked closer. The lads and I saw her as an easy target and you couldn't blame as, the freak doesn't even try to defend herself. I know that Danielle and Rebecca give her hell as well, but she deserves it. She doesn't belong here, and she doesn't even try to fit in.

"Should w-we s-sit?" She questioned me. Se was looking around at everyone like a frightened deer, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever."

 Well this should be fun.

A/N This is my first fanfic so please don't hate on it to bad. Also im sorry for anything wrong grammatically and please give me constructive criticism!

well........ BYE THEN!