Chapter 16

I look down at my feet. Somehow I can't look Sam in the eyes.

He gently tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and lifts my chin up so that I'm facing him.

"You're absolutely gorgeous, you know that." He says.

I look into his eyes for what seems to be less then a second. That was my first kiss and I gave it away so easily. I always thought my first kiss would be with the man I love and I'd marry.

There's no way Sam would marry a girl like me. I'm probably just time pass. It didn't hurt before but now that I acknowledge it, I can't help but cry. Tears gently escape the corner of my eye and I can't look at Sam. I don't want him to see me this way.

Instead I slowly turn around and begin walking off. I need to go home now.

"What's wrong?" Sam asks.

I don't stop walking, in fact I speed up because the tears are rushing out now and I'm sure I look like a mess.

I begin into a jog but when I hear Sam running behind me, I start to run. Though being that I'm so unlucky and I can't walk in heels, let alone run, I nearly fall.

Sam is by my side before I even know it and he's grabbed me by the hand before I hit the concrete ground.

This time I wouldn't have mind if I hit the ground. Sam always catches me every time I slip and fall likes its a fairytale or things you see in movies. This is reality though and he isn't my Prince Charming. Things like this should only happen with the man I love.

He suddenly pulls me until I'm about five centimetres away from him. He gently places his left hand around my hip and his right hand cups my face.

"What's wrong, why are you running away from me?"

I try to free myself but he doesn't let go.

"I want to go home."

"Okay then, I'll drop you off."

"No, you don't understand. I want to go home...alone" I say as my voice cracks.

He stares, almost confused. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, I did."

I can see he's hurt but why would a guy like him be hurt for a girl like me. He could get any girl he wants.

I turn around and continue walking, the tears have dried up on my face and I can feel how stiff my face feels. All I want to do is run up to him again and kiss him even harder this time.

Though I know I can't do that. I can't start anything with him because I'll be the one who gets hurt and I'm not ready for that.

I walk over to the bus stop across from the venue and take a seat on the metal seats there.

It doesn't take long before Sam is there too.

I turn to face him. "What are you doing?"

His face looks serious now, like it usually does when I see him in the office.

"Catching a bus."

"No you're not, you're here because of me."

He smirks. It's that sexy smirk that he always does. "The world doesn't revolve around you."

It hurts when he says that but I don't show it.

"You've got plenty of cars." I point at the limo waiting at the carpark across the street. "That limo included. So why the bus?"

His smirk widens. "Call it a change."

"Stop following me."

"It's a free country, Sweety. I can do whatever I please. Though you should know, I'm not following you. Just catching a bus."

I want to get up and walk off but the bus is the only way home. This night seems like a complete disaster now.

When the bus arrives both Sam and I get on. He picks the seat across from me and sits fidgeting with something on my phone.

I don't want to seem obvious but from time to time I take a peak his direction.

He looks so sexy with that suit and tie. I'm so tempted to get up and kiss him but I don't. I'm not that kind of girl. I don't do those things but whenever he's around I always want to. It's like his changing me and I haven't even known him for that long.

When my stop arrives I get off, half expecting Sam to get off as well but when he doesn't, it surprises me. I walk up to my apartment, get to the front door, walk in and then slam the door as hard as I can.

I just slump to the floor and cry. Cry because I did something stupid. Cry because the guy I'm falling for is most likely using me. Cry because there is no way in the world he could go for a girl like me