Chapter 36

I get changed quickly while Sam waits in his bedroom for me. When I get out, he grabs my hand and we walk downstairs to say goodbye to his family.

We stand by the door as we watch them leave. Growing so close to them makes me think of my own family and how I'm not even close to them at all and here Sam was who hadn't seen his family in like a year and still were so close as if they were hanging out everyday.

I turn around and wipe a tear because this is perfect...all of this. His family, him, his life. I want this, I want a family like this and love like this. It feels like a fairytale but I still want it.

Sam wraps his arms around me from behind. "Why are you crying?"

"Umm," I say wiping the tears from my eyes. "Nothing."

He places his hand on my shoulder and turns me to face him. "It's not nothing."

I sigh. "You're right. It's everything."

"What do you mean?"

"You have the perfect family, Sam. I'm very much jealous. In fact, you yourself are perfect and so is your life."

He grabs my hand and takes me to living room where we sit on the couch.

"My life isn't perfect...at least it wasn't until you came."

"You're just saying that." I say because his words put a smile on my face.

"I'm not perfect either. Would you seriously call me perfect after everything I did to you?"

I giggle. "True but I know you did all that to make me confess and to make me semi-jealous. Plus you were mad, I don't blame you though. Kinda my fault."

He kisses the top of my head and gives my hand a squeeze.

I get up from the couch. "I gotta go home."

"Why?"

"Cause I have work tomorrow?"

"So..."

"I don't want people to know we're together."

Sam lifts an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"Stop doing that eyebrow thing?"

"What thing?"

"The lifting of your eyebrow."

Why?"

"Cause it's such a turn on."

He grabs me and pulls me into the couch. "Then why should I stop," he whispers into my ear.

Giving him a quick kiss, I get up and walk to the front door. Sam watches as I get into my car and drive off.

----------------

The next morning I get up at twenty minutes to nine. I'm going to be late. Crap.

He gave me my job back and I'm already failing.

I run into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I quickly grab the first thing in my wardrobe which is a simple black dress. Damn. My clothes are in the wash and the rest is not ironed.

If I wear this dress though, it'll look like I'm trying. I shove it over my head anyways and grab my keys off the kitchen bench before running down to my car.

When I get to the office I'm twenty minutes late. The note on my front door says to report to Sam immediately as he won't tolerate me being late.

I knock on the door and he calls me in.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I know how you are with this. I won't do it again."

Sam gets up and walks over to me. His face all serious. My heart's pounding and I don't know if it's cause he's walking closer and I like it or because he's walking closer and might shout.

"Relax, babe. The perks of being my girlfriend involves the being allowed to come to work late thing."

I let go of my breath. "Oh phew."

He scans me up and down. "Sexy dress by the way."

I blush.

"What happened to your cardigan. I quite liked it."

"I didn't have time to iron it and my others were in the wash."

He grabs me by the hip and pulls me closer. "That's too bad, but this is quite sexy too."

He leans in closer and kisses me gently, nothing like the last few kisses. His hands on my hips slowly travel up. My right hand rests on his chest while I run my left hand through his hair while continuing to kiss him.

Suddenly the door bursts open and I pull myself away from Sam immediately.

"Sir, can I speak to you."

My face goes red.

Sam takes one look at me and turns to his employee. "Didn't I tell you to knock."

"Sorry, sir. It's just that your brother is in hospital."

At that comment, both Sam and I freeze.

"Sir, please."

The guys voice knocks me out of my frozen stance and I turn to face Sam. His face completely lost of colour.

"Hospital?"

"Yes sir."

"Which hospital?"

"Black Shore Hospital."

Sam grabs his keys from the his desk, grabs my hand and then runs out of his office.

I try to keep up and fasten my pace till we get into his car.