Chapter Nine

Beginne am Anfang

"Even if we aren't ready for a kid, I'm happy I'm having one with you." Zak kissed DJ's forehead as she let out a breath of relief and content. "I think we should get a house together before the baby comes. It would help if we got some time off to get what we need before you get too big."

"Well thanks, ass." DJ said as she climbed out of bed. Before she could get anywhere, Zak wrapped his arm carefully around her and pulled her back down.

"You know I was kidding." Zak spoke in her ear and kissed just below her ear.

"I know you were kidding, Zak."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A week Later)

Zak and DJ managed to find a beautiful house that the amount of room they needed for when the baby comes and for their personal needs. DJ was on her computer going through her fan emails while Zak was napping upstairs. The guys were taking some much need time off before getting back to filming. A knock on the door caused DJ to look up. DJ walked out to the front room and opened the door to see Aaron standing there.

"I come with gifts." Aaron said holding out two packages, one for DJ and one for Zak.

"Shhh, Zak's sleeping." DJ said trying not to laugh.

"My apologies, madam. I'll just be on my way."

"Thank you, Aaron." DJ closed the door and walked up to the bedroom. She quietly opened the door to see Zak sleeping on his side with his arm wrapped around Gracie who was snuggled up against his chest. She smiled at just how adorable Zak was when he slept. DJ nudged him gently and finally Zak's eyes opened, and he looked at DJ. "Aaron brought us some fan mail." Zak's head fell back down on the pillow. "Alright, go back to sleep." Zak gave DJ a half smile before falling back to sleep. "Have a good nap, sweetheart." DJ gently kissed his forehead and walked over to the other side of the bed where she layed down next to him.

As DJ's eyes closed, Zak rolled over onto his side, so he was facing DJ. His arm gently slung over her stomach and his face rested in the curve of her neck.

"I love you." Zak mumbled with his eyes closed. "And the baby." DJ's head rolled over and looked at Zak.

"I love you too."

-----------------------------

Zak slept for nearly two more hours before the two of them finally managed to stay awake. DJ sat on her laptop as she emailed somebody back and forth. She was going through a process of starting her own organization to help animals. Zak was sitting on the other side of the office room working with whatever he was doing. They were going to meet up with Nick, Aaron, Billy, and Jay to go over some evidence from the previous investigation where Zak nearly bit Nick's head off.

"Let's go meet up with them." Zak said as he closed his laptop. DJ saved everything and closed her laptop. They got into Zak's car, and he drove them to Jay's house where they were gonna go through evidence.

(An Hour Later)

They had been at Jay's house for over an hour, and they've been going through evidence. DJ could sense something off about Zak as he layed forward with his chin in his hand. DJ rubbed his back and felt him slowly starting to calm down. She could feel the tension in his back as his muscles contracted under her touch.

"You okay?" DJ asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Zak replied and DJ continued to rub his back. She wrapped her arm around his back and put her chin on his shoulder.

"What was that?" DJ asked noticing a shadow figure that walked through a doorway down the hall.

"What was what?" Zak asked in response.

"Billy rewind......Stop there. A shadow figure passes through the hallway." They continued to go through the evidence for nearly three hours before everybody left letting Billy and Jay finish. Zak and DJ decided on going out to eat for dinner. They decided on a burger joint and as usually, were joined by Aaron but this time, he had a new lady friend with him.

"Zak, DJ, this is Abby, Abby this is Zak and DJ." Aaron said introducing Abbi to the other two.

"When did you plan on telling us about Abbi?" DJ asked with a smirk on her face and then she took a drink from her water.

"Today, right now." Aaron replied making the group laugh.

"Can I ask you a question?" Abbi asked DJ.

"Of course." DJ replied with a genuine smile.

"How do you handle...um...witnessing everything and being around everything?"

"I was working in the paranormal field before I met the guys. But I guess you could say I'm immune to it in a sort of way. I've been attacked plenty of times and I've just gotten used to it and I've got my bodyguard." Zak smiled as he took a bite out of the fries they had before their food came.