Chapter Four - JB | Awkward.

"She said she'd date Jackson." Youngjae tells me.

Everyone else has left, including Tanya. She had said she was tired, the jet lag had hit her.

I'm assuming Youngjae has already told Jackson the 'great news' and all, and I think he's telling each of us individually.

My stomach drops though, but I had seen it coming,

"Why'd she choose him?" I try and ask in the most un-jealous way possible.

"She thinks he's a dork," Youngjae says, "She loves dorks."

"I'm a dork," I stop myself, "I mean..."

"Don't worry," Youngjae says, "Everyone already knows you like her, okay? Except her, of course."

"Oh, that's good I guess." I lie, sarcastically.

Youngjae rests his hand on my shoulder, "I'll see you later." He grabs his stuff and leaves.

I'm about to pick up my bag, full of my sweaty clothes. Now I wear a black t-shirt and blue jeans with white high-tops.

Suddenly I hear a knock at the door,

"Yeah?" I call out.

I turn around to see Tanya in the doorway, twiddling her thumbs, "Oh hey."

There's a nervous twisting in my stomach, and I see her eyes set onto my face. I feel her gaze like a warm kiss of sunlight. 
Damn i should make a song out of that. 

"Hey." She sounds nervous.
"You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah um," she says, "I left my phone somewhere..."

"I'll help you find it." I try and smile.

I turn around, collecting myself and then moving around the room looking for it.
I lift my bag, nothing.
I shuffle past some film equipment and so does Tanya.

"Found it." I hear her say all too quickly.

"Where was it?"

"By the computer," she brushes back her hair with her fingers and that feeling in my stomach turns over again, "Hey JB..."

"Yeah?" I stutter.

"The hotel I'm staying at is called 'Shanghai Paradise.' I don't suppose you know where that is?"

"Yeah," I give her directions but she looks straight at me blankly, "I can show you?"

She smiles, thankfully, "Yes please."

I grab my stuff and turn the lights off for the room and lock it behind me, "Is it alright if I just drop my stuff off?"

"Sure, go ahead."

She follows me to our little apartment. It's set in JYP for convenience but it isn't where we all live officially. But who am I kidding? We all live here.

I open the door though and the first thing I see is Jackson walking by in just a towel.

His hair is wet, so he must have come out from a shower.

"Jackson!" I call out and he turns around, "Put some clothes on, for goodness sakes."

 He ignores me though, looking straight at Tanya, "Hey gorgeous."

"Hey." She smiles and I see her blush. Before their conversation goes any further, I throw my bag inside and shut the door.

I hear an audible, "Oh my god, she's so hot!" and I know it's Jackson by how loud and melodramatic he is.

Tanya laughs.

***

I walk her outside the building and towards her hotel which isn't so far away. It's past a few restaurants and a shopping market.

"So far, how are you liking it here?" I ask her to stop the deadening silence.

"It's definitely a new experience. I've been trying to learn Korean for this trip."

"Oh... Well I could try and give you this good book on Korean basics if you like?"

"I don't know... I learn better if it's face-to-face- Would you teach me?"

I feel my cheeks zap with colour, "Me?"

"You must be a pro, huh?" she playfully punches my arm.

I laugh - for the first time today, "I mean I think so."

We arrive to her hotel and I insist on walking her to her room.
The place is well-lit, cosy and filled with ambient colours like cream peach and yellows and light blues.

Her room is on the top floor, the 8th. I guess PopAsia spared no expenses.

The elevator door opens and soon we're met with her floor.

She exits, but I stay inside.

"Oh... Did you want to hang out?"

As much as my brain twists and says 'Yes' over and over again, I decline,

"I've gotta get back, I've got recording to do."

"Oh ok... Well I'll see you tomorrow." She smiles a small smile.

"Maybe next time." The doors shut.