Chapter One - Tanya | Meet & Greet.

First day on the job.
Seated and leaning against the car window. Outside is so different, yet so similar in a way.
Back in Brisbane it's undeniably busy with tall buildings and urban-styled everything.
Here it's somewhat grey, but that's only because it's winter, here in Seoul, Korea.
I've never been here before, where everyone here has more fashion sense than most people I know.
Billboards are splayed everywhere with pretty girls with porcelain skin smiling those white smiles.
I grab my Canon camera and take a picture, my first picture for today.

"Tanya, you hungry?" my Mum asks. In our black SUV, I sit with some camera equipment and my fellow workers.

"No, Mum. Thanks." I reply.

Beside me are Jerry and Tom, two executive producers for PopAsia, with whom we met at the airport. Both probably thirty-something years old, I try not to find them attractive. In the driver's seat is Andy, TV show host and co-writer for SBS. He also followed me on Instagram a while back.

We turn into one of the tallest buildings I've seen so far and immediately we see the title 'JYP Entertainment.'

"Wow..." I say, almost speechless. I suddenly find the need to fix my hair. It's the longest my hair's ever been, reaching to the middle of my back in thick dark brown locks. My skin is like caramel compared to the much more pale skin I've seen on everyone else around here.

I smooth out my navy skinny jeans and grey jumper, I take a breath and prepare to move.
The car stops, and everyone slides out.

What if I don't do a good job? What if they don't like me?

"You coming?" Jerry asks and I nod.

I slide out of the car, hoisting my camera's strap around my neck.

***

After speaking with JYP's receptionist, we're moved to the elevator, squeezing in until Mum presses the eighth floor.

"You know," Tom speaks up, "These boys aren't allowed to date."

"So?" I ask.

This time Jerry speaks up, "Well see, they're kinda rookies and they're not allowed to date for three years and it's only been two. Don't get any ideas, Tanya."

I sigh, annoyed, "Sure. I'm a hormonal eighteen-year old that's eager to get into boys' pants. Don't make me any more nervous than I already am."

The doors open with a 'ding' and we're greeted by pristine glass windows of office rooms and more. But now we hear chatter the closer we move to one of the dance rooms.

I hear one of them speak in Korean - as they would - but I know it's the leader of the group. I don't know his name yet, but leadership is so obvious. There's the disciplinary tone in a voice that oozes with authority. 

"Hi!" Andy strolls straight into the room and everyone is speaking English - thank goodness.

I walk in, noticing straight away the tall and skinny figure. His black hair, cut short is gelled back in such a fashionable and eye-catching way. He wears a thin long-sleeved shirt with black MC Hammer pants... At least i think that's what they look like.

"Hey." He says to me, directly to my face and he smiles a glistening smile.

"Uh hello," he gives me a look as if he's noticed by accent. Mum and the others speak to JYP's camera crew, leaving me the seven boys. The six others grow quiet, gathering either beside me or opposite me, "I'm Tanya."

"I am JB," the cutie smiles, "This is Jackson-"

The one with the almost bleach-blonde hair steps up and he smiles kindly, "-Hey there," he shakes my hand, "It's so nice to see a new face around here."

Then I meet Youngjae - a sweetie - and Jr. who is humble and mildly sexy. There's Mark who is chill and he's also pretty dreamy. Bambam makes me laugh and he's cute too and so is Yugyeom. He's pretty dreamy. They're all dreamy to put it simply.

"It's so nice to meet you all..." my eyes meet JB's.

"Lovely to meet you too." Jackson points out.

"So you are...?" JB asks.

"Oh I'll be your photographer and video recorder for the next two months."

"Great," JB smiles, "Well we'll get started then."

And then they all huddle together by the main mirror, chatting or discussing their routine.

I can finally breathe when Tom calls me over.