Déjà Vu and Shopping

Marceline's Point of View

BMO squealed happily as I passed her the pages of the new song I had composed for Fionna and Gumball. Little did she know, I didn't make this song because I approved but to stop Marshall from being suspicious. Annoyingly, he was sharp.

"Come on. Let's show the band!" BMO seemed more excited about this than anything.

They were having their regularly scheduled band rehearsal and didn't even bat an eye when we casually walked in.

BMO handed the sheets and I expected Marshall to scrutinise yet again who wrote it. He just kept silent, then. "I'm out of here."

He proceeded for the door but spun around when I called his name. "What's wrong Marshall?" He stopped, looked me in the eyes but then turned away.

"Ermm... Right well, Marshall isn't singing anyway. I'm sure by the title you can guess what it's about." BMO stated.

Flame nodded, Gunter wasn't even paying attention and Gumball smiled in glee.

"Oh Fionna..." Gumball trailed. Apparently already catching the tune. He ran a hand through his hair and went to the microphone to practise.

Gunther and Flame did the same. I nodded to BMO and walked out after Marshall.

I knocked on the door to his room and was answered by an annoyed Marsh. His face seem to brighten up when he opened the door and saw me.

"Do you want to play some Hyrule Warriors?"

He led me inside and I glanced around his room. I'd already been in it many times and our similar tastes still seemed to be there.

His room was quite like mine, black and red with a guitar rack like mine, his walls were covered in posters and a shelf with an impressively large games collection.

Unlike me, he had a dorm partner so he had a bunk bed. Although I'd had never seen them and there was no trace of them in this room...

I sat down hovering in the air. He joined me and we began playing.

"Turn left and look behind the Skyward Sword's statue, there's a secret passage."

He followed my instructions and a smile lit up his face. "Thanks for helping me beat that level! It was impossible."

I put down the controller and smiled. "I should be going, BMO's probably getting bullied by Gunther."

"He stole my song!" Marshall mumbled, leaving me to wonder what on earth he meant.

On my way back, I managed to grab Fionna and pull her into the practise room.

Fionna's Point of View

Marceline was heading from the direction of the boy's dormitory. For a split second, I wondered what she was doing there. These thoughts quickly disappeared when she dragged me down the corridor in the opposite way that I was headed.

"Marceline! Wha- I need to go to my dorm."

"No. You don't." She forcefully answered for me, her grip tightening.

She pulled me into the band rehearsal room and made me stand in the centre. Flame bounded up to her and whispered in her ear.

Marceline nodded and picked up Marshall's guitar from the side. She lay on her back mid-air and began playing Flame and Gunther joined in.

Then suddenly, Gumball began singing:

I feel like nothing was real until I met you.
I feel like we connect, and I really get you.
If I said, "You're a beautiful girl," would it upset you?
Because the way you look tonight, silhouetted, I'll never forget it.

Oh, oh, Fionna
Your fist has touched my heart.
Oh, oh, Fionna.
I won't let anything in this world keep us apart.

I feel like no one was special until I met you.
I feel like I changed, because of you.
If I said, "You're a beautiful girl," would it upset you?
Because the way you look tonight, silhouetted, I'll never forget it.
Because I really want to ask you, will you be my partner at the dance?

Oh, oh, Fionna
Your fist has touched my heart.
Oh, oh, Fionna.
I won't let anything in this world keep us apart.

[Flame, Marceline, BMO]
We won't let anything in this world keep you apart.

I felt like I was experiencing déjà vu, didn't something like this happen before?

***
Marceline's Point of View

"Go wild!" I stepped towards the automatic doors which opened to a lavish shop filled with any dress you could ever need. Apart from the instrument shop, it was my favourite shop of all time. I decided I would treat the Girls out. Probably because I felt guilty for keeping information that would ruin Fionna's love-life to myself, I hope BMO and Fionna would forgive me.

I don't know why I didn't tell her... Gumball was able to keep the whole façade up, so I guess I just went along too.

I decided to browse, afterall, I needed to top up my red silk dress collection.

Fionna was in the light blue section pulling out glittering dresses. BMO was looking at green. I walked over to her and pointed to the black section, she smiled and put her thumbs up.

After hours, I had found I dress I liked and was contemplating whether I should go to the dance or not. Fionna and BMO came out of the changing rooms, their dress' fitting them perfectly as if they were specifically tailored to their sizes.

Fionna had opted for a long, flowing night tinted blue dress with a white net over the top, it slowly diminished in sparkles as it swept the floor at the bottom. I nodded approvingly and told her to hand me it once she got dressed.

BMO had a black lace dress which reached her knees. It was intricate with the purple lace flowers, complimenting the same deep purple bow at the waist. Again I nodded approvingly and asked BMO to do the same as Fionna.

As they dressed, I paid. I then took them to the makeup shop. To by various things I could use when doing their hair and makeup on the night of the ball.

Finally, we decided to eat at a cafe and chat.

Candyhigh - Boarding Schoolजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें