Chapter 22

The wedding was great...But now for the reception. Oh goodness.

I take my father's hand as he announces his speech. The speech to give before he can dance with me.

"Hello family and friends...We are gathered here today to witness my little girl marry the man of her choice. I must tell you, when Beth was younger..."

Oh my goodness nooooo.

"She always wanted to get married, and she was convinced that she would find a prince and live happily ever after. But like we most know...She fell, and stayed low for a while. Staying low for a while."

Why did you have to share that daddy?

"Until, this Mr. Garret offered a hand and brought her up to her feet. He treated the scars and wounds she had and fixed them with his unconditional love."

Wait...What?!

"Though I never understood Mr. Garret...I am proud to say he helped my little girl and to see her happy is all a father ever wants...And that's what I see right before me. So thank you Joseph, for making my day."

Everyone clapped with joy as I ran to the platform and hugged my dad with a shaky breath.

"I love you daddy"
************
***********
My daddy and I were dancing, just the waltz ya know...Tradition.

When I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I spin round and Joseph has a big grin on his face.

"Mr Bates...If I so..." he started

"Go on...She is a Garret now after all" my dad smiles.

I feel the blush creep up my cheeks as Jo takes my hand and we dance.

Like the dance in Cinderella 5 years ago. The one from 2015...Though it's 2020.

"You dance beautifully Mrs. Garret." He smiles.

"As do you Mr. Garret" I reply...A smile easing on my face.

We finish and I curtsy as he bows. Earning a round of applause.

He comes close giving me a big kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck as he held my waist. I felt him smile again my lips as I the blush seeps back into my cheeks.

We break away and I announce.

"Time for some bouquet tossing" I smile as I stand on the platform and fling an arc like throw behind me. I look behind to see a blushing Amy. Holding the bouquet as David's neck turns a little red too.

Those two having been dating for a while now... Not surprised to see them all blushy of the idea for marriage.

I giggle a little as David plants a kiss on Amy's cheek. And an applause breaks out as I clap along.

The rest of the party was great. Just so you can understand. We had the wedding ceremony in our neighbourhood church. And the reception was now in my parent's garden.

There was a 6 layer cake mom baked and on top. Stood the Minecraft skins we used a while ago. YouTube is still used...But it's rare to see a supported channel. And me and Jo weren't in that bunch.

So now I work in my own shop that has gotten business and is doing well. And Joseph learnt computer graphics and now makes prints and designs for the clothes I sell. We currently own two stores called "Cat and Duck".

So original, I know...

But that's life. C'est la vie.

And we love our job. People helped us pay for the honeymoon but we paid for the wedding on our own. I mean, we are about to go to HAWAII!!!

YAY!

We are going there for 3 weeks for our honeymoon. As for work we have prepared clothes for the upcoming season and all mom and dad have to do is sell them.

Once the reception was over. We drove home, only me, Joseph, mom and dad.

Mom helped me get out my dress and put it away while I changed into a white blouse and jeans. Stampy on the other hand talked to my dad.

Mom and I sat down as Joseph and dad stops talking.

I sit next to Joseph as mom sits next to dad. As we formally sit facing the opposite side.

Joseph takes my hand in his as he nervously smiles.

"There is something you must know..." he begins.

My parents give us funny looks but nod anyway.

I take a deep breath while hold my belly.

"I'm pregnant."

The same reaction as Joseph was what my parents did. My mom landed on overjoyed while my dad looked like he ate a dead bird.

"WHAT?!" Roared my dad and I rolled my eyes. "Whaaaat?! How....Who...Whaaat?"

I giggle a little while mom pats his arm and smiles before walking up to me...Giving me a hug once I stood up.

"I'm so proud of you sweetie" she smiled "my big girl."

My dad asks midway.

"Boy or girl?"

I smile at how desperate he is to know.

"Girl" I grin from ear to ear as Jo stands up too.

"I'm gonna be a grandpa!" Daddy smiles and stands up, bringing me into a hug
"my big girl. I told you to never get older and yet you did. My god. Look at you. Married, gonna have a kid, going to Hawaii and you have a successful business. She's all grown up"

He smiles as his eyes water.

"Aww...Daddy, If you cry I cry too." I mumble as I wipe my tears away.

My dad pats Jo on the shoulder.

"You do good son, just don't hurt her or I hurt you" Dad said in a joking manner.

"Will do Mr. Bates" Jo smiles and bro hugs my dad.

"Good. Bye now...We best be off" dad explained.

After a bunch of hugs and kisses from mom and dad they left and I rub my hands up and down my face once I sat down then I put them on my knees.

"Hey Mrs. Garret...I think we best be getting ready" Joseph tells me drawing circles on my thigh.

"That can wait" I say before kissing a feverish kiss on his lips.

Lets just say...That were a little late for the dinner.

The End
*****************
*****************
Hey yall. That is the end of the story. There will be a part for the Honeymoon. Like a diary entry from Beth. As well as a snippet from whatI have to tell you.

Have yall noticed that At the beginning of the story they called each other Stampy and Sqaishey. But as we proceed they call each other Beth and Jo. HAH! BET YOU DIDN'T!
Goooot youuuu.

If you did note of this, comment.

Tell me want you think will happen.

Love yall,

LOESJE10 ❤