Chapter 10

"OOOOOOOOH! YUMMY! "I squeal as the things we order arrives.

"Oo! Did you order the strawberries and the cream?" Asks Joseph who sat across me.

"DUH!" I tell him "If we are gonna make pancakes, we gotta make it right!"

"And at Slappy Cakes, only the best selfmade pancakes are here"

"Exactly. I explain" As I pick up the buttermilk. "Hm..."

I switch for chocolate and I draw an out line on a cat head. Then I fill it in with the butter milk.

"Who is that for? "He asks with hope in his eyes.

"For you" I tell him truthfully and he smiles.

Then I draw the outline of duck while Joseph flips the cat. I give the duck little wings and a beak as I finish the outline and I then fill it in with buttermilk.

"Yum." He tells the pancake as he puts whipping cream and strawberries on the pancake.

"Bet it is" I tell him as I flip my pancake."

This pancake making, flipping and then eating went on for a bit until we were full.

"That was good" I smile as I remember the taste of the sweet pancakes.

"Yes!" He responds "And your designs were amazing!"

I blush slightly at his statement. How sweet of him.

"Excuse me miss?" He stops a waitress "Bill please?"

She nods with a smile and while she dashes to the counter she looks over her shoulder every once and a while.

Then she doesn't look at us and receives instructions or something.

Hm...What is she doing?
I wonder as she come up to our tabke with a stupid grin on her face, twisting her hair.

"Stampylonghead right?" She gushes and then giggles like one of them bozos "I am a HUGE fan! Would you sign here for me?"

Before Jo can respond I cut in:
"Actually..." they turn to me "My client here is very busy and has no time for such. Here is the money, now bye!" I hand her £27.60 and she glares as she walks off.

"Your welcome" I say then stand up swiftly. After all. I ain't good at hiding jealousy.

"What was that about?" He asks me as he catches up.

"What was what about?" I try but he knows past that trick.

"Are you jealous Beth?" There. Right there. The nerve is stricken. And I stop. I diagonally turn my head to the left and looked down.

"No." I turn back to normal stance and keep walking.

"Are you sure?" He asks "It seemed like your eyes got greener" He said. Singsong on the greener.

"They might have. But for a valid reason"I turn around to face him. Only two inches...Just two.

"Listen Beth, I like you and ONLY you" he tells me as his hand grazes my cheek.

"I know....I am just..." I try as he lifts my chin.

"It's okay" he tells me and leans in. Fireworks go off. Carols sing and the world is full of happiness for those 5 seconds.

"Can we go home now?" I ask him "I'm kinda cold"

He nods and we walk off. Hand in hand.

***********
***********
Hi guys, sorry for the long wait. I have exciting news though.

If you like this book and you want it to win the Wattys, do please vote for this book. I want to at least try. I mean, it looks fun and I believe in you guys too.

Also, big shout out to NissatTasnim, a good friend of mine. And I wanted to give a shout out so....

And that's all! Have a good weekend guys!

LOESJE10 ❤