The Three Hottest Guys In School Like Me... It's Just My Luck They're Not Human -- part 1

Hey, guys. This is just an idea I had on my computer and I started to play around with it a bit and it started to write itself. I've got quite a bit so far, but I'll just post the start for now. Tell me what you think and whether you want more or not. Hope you guys enjoy it !!! -ThisSideOfSuicide

I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom, staring at the face of Ambrosia Moore that looked back at me. I had changed over the summer, my once childish figure now fully developed into a figure that had kept boys staring when I went to the beach. But today was different. Today I had the challenge of making Jayden Walker notice me.

It sounded stupid, and yes, he had every other girl falling all over him, but I could definitely tell why. He had gorgeous green eyes that could hypnotize you with a glance, and he was well built, seen working out for hours on end before. His working out was worthwhile, since it scored him a place as quarterback in the school team. I didn't get football, but all I knew was he played well.

I, personally, hated the tradition of football and cheerleaders, especially since the cheerleaders walked around liked they owned the school, clinging on to whatever fit guy was close to them. There were definitely none lacking in that area, as our school seemed to surround me with guys with model looks. One of them was my best guy friend. Lucas Parker. His looks were just as amazing as Jayden's, if not more so, but Lucas always made a thing about being single. He said he preferred not having to be tied down, and that way when the right person came along, he didn't have to hesitate.

I'd always had a crush on Lucas, since the second I saw him in eighth grade. He had been dorky back then, but I could tell there was something different about him just by that first look. He had looked at me, tensed a bit, then quickly turned away. I found him waiting at my locker later that day, asking if we could hang out, you know, as friends. And since then I'd been trying to work up the courage to ask him out, until he came back to school in tenth grade and was... well... hot.

Of course, this grabbed the attention of Michelle Warderman, and soon she was all over him like a bee to honey. Although, I found watching her face drop when he rejected her absolutely hilarious.

So I pushed aside a strand of hair that had fallen into my face, sighed, and got ready for the first day of eleventh grade.

Around forty-five minutes later, I walked out of my room, my hair with every strand in place, my skirt that went almost to my knee (I had made a thing of it not being a micro mini skirt when I'd been shopping. Yeah I wanted him to notice me, but I wouldn't go that far), my new shirt I got from Abercrombie and Fitch and my flats that went perfectly with the rest of my outfit. I heard a knock on the door and answered it, knowing it would be Raini, my best friend since pre k.

"Oh... My... God... Okay, who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" She laughed, looking at my outfit and my now skinny waist. "You are so gonna have Jayden wrapped around your finger."

"Don't be so sure. He goes for popularity as well. It's like... a key thing." This was true. There were plenty of amazing looking girls at my school, but without the status that Jayden strived for in a girl. It was almost as if he didn't even notice little nobodies like me.

"You're saying that no one is going to notice you when you look... like that? You look... amazing! Ugh... I envy you so much right now." I was shocked. Raini was one of those petite people that every girl wished they could look like, with her perfectly placed features and the hair that was naturally highlighted and never out of place. I had to work so hard, just to get it to look good.

"You envy me? But I've envied you since pre k!"

"Yeah, but you've got the confidence... AND the looks... popularity takes confidence. I'd never make the cut." I shook my head - I was sure that if she gave it a shot, she could knock Michelle Warderman right out of the spot as queen bee - and walked with her to the nearby bus stop. I was dreading every second, knowing the first day of eleventh grade could change my life forever.