Chapter One - It Began...

Start from the beginning

A butler named named Harrison introduced himself and showed me where I would be working for the next six weeks. I had to quit my other jobs because Emily told me it would take a whole day to clean three rooms. The house had five bedrooms, eight baths, a pool and totaled over 12,000 square feet. She wasn't lying because every room I stepped in I was in awe. Harrison showed me just about every square inch of the house and I was in lala land. My head started to hurt just thinking about the cleaning I would be doing.

"Ms. Montgomery there are three cleaning closets located on each floor. The directions are on the door to each and they must be followed in order. Do not skip because there are cameras everywhere." He looked at me with narrow eyes.

I might be poor but my parents never taught me to steal and if I did who would take care of my sisters? "Harrison I am here to do a job and get paid, I can't afford to lose this job, so point to the direction so I can start. Thank you for the warning."

He stood back and handed me a clipboard. I reviewed it and placed it on my cart. I knew this was going to be a long day.

I started on the third floor. The room was dark with dress bags covering one half of the room and accessories on the other. I could see some of the long evening dresses that were cover with sequin and material that must have cost a fortune. I dusted off the bags and headed over to the shoes. The shoes were arranged by colors and heel height.

There were Prada, Gucci, Louboutins and other designers I hadn't heard of. It seemed like there were hundreds of pairs ranging in all sizes. What could a woman do with so many shoes and dresses in different sizes? It was a poor girl's dream to live this life. Around lunchtime I had finished with the third floor, totally exhausted.

I looked back at the room and the room smelled clean and fresh. I could only use light pine oil and vinegar. I was told that Ms. Lilly liked everything fresh and in it's place. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen to eat the sandwich I brought from home.

The kitchen was the size of my apartment. There was a bar with six bar stools and lights hanging from the ceiling. The appliance were top of the line and no expense was spared. I sat down on the bar stool and pulled out my bag.

"Well, who do we have here?" I heard a deep voice from behind that scared the shit out of me. I could have sworn I was having a heart attack.

I turned around and saw a big burly white guy with a black tuxedo on. He was about seven feet tall with muscles made like superman. He had aged in the face with a scar on his left cheek but his voice was so deep that it reminded me of Barry White.

"Uhm, I'm Cadence but you can call me Caden." I said still not sure of what to think of him. He pulled out his hand from his pocket. I watched him thinking he was going to kill me or something so I closed my eyes not knowing if I would see tomorrow.

"Hello, I'm Benjamin Walker, Ms. Lilly's chauffeur and I guess friend. But I have been called other things." He said with a glint in his eye. He held out his empty hand and I was able to relax.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Walker."

"Oh please call me Ben."

"Alright, Ben it is."

"So how is it going young lady? Is this house bigger enough for you?" He said with a huge smile on his face.

Was he kidding? My old house was smaller than Ms. Lilly's backyard.

"Definitely, I have finished the top floor and a quarter of the second floor. I'm sure I will get the hang of it soon, since I will be filling in for Emily." Ben smiled and headed to the refrigerator.