Chapter 22

(Tory's POV)

Tuesday, we just went into Kim's high school as visitors and walked out into the center court. There we will climb into her English class window, for effect, the only class before lunch that almost all of her friends have, we'll meet Leslie during lunch.

As we approached the window, Shelton began to shake.

"It's okay dude." Hi was reassuring.

Ben and Chance tried to pry the window open.

Kimberly eventually went over and opened it from the inside.

We began climbing in, Hi started slinking around like a ninja.

Kim giggled, of course.

Her entire class stared at us.

"Who are they?" Her teacher asked.

"Relax. We have visitors passes." I said.

"Mrs. Cirri, Mrs. Wolf, Brittany, Chloe and Anthony can you please exit the room? We have something important to talk about."

The students left. Along with a teacher chasing after them.

"Mrs. Cieri I'm fine with you staying, I couldn't let the others know that the Virals exist."

"I'm Tory."

"Hi! And yes that's my name, it's short for Hiram."

"Ben."

"And my names Shelton."

"No frickin way they're real!!" A boy up front said.

"Shut up, Nate!" Kimberly replied. So that's who Nate is.

"Hey, Kim it's your dream boy, Harlem!!" A girl I suspected to be Diamond shouted.

"Be quiet and it's Hiram,besides you have a crush on Ben." That shut her up.

"Well I see how it is." The boy near Diamond sighed.

"What's his problem?" Shelton asked.

"Kobie is her boyfriend."

"Oh."

"Yeah the guy in the hoodless hoodie is Kenny and the other one is Sean."

"Hey." Sean said.

"Sup." Kenny.

"What are they doing here?" The teacher asked.

"You forgot us, I'm Chance Claybourne and this is Ella. We need their help. But they need to agree to become Virals first, Kim may already be becoming one. She crashed into Hi and his tooth cut her. His mutant spit may have infected her."

"What's a Viral?" Kenny asked.

"It's kinda hard to explain, but we basically are mutant wolf powered teens. We get heightened senses and physical ability when we flare, that's what we call the change that comes during stress or extreme emotion."

"Not buyin'." Sean said.

"I haven't flared since yesterday, I could demonstrate." Ben said, Eyes beginning to glow in blue flame.

Kim waved an inviting hand across the room.

Ben walked over and pulled the Smartboard off the wall and lifted it above his head.

"Wow." Everyone

"Common Shelly, hook this thing back up."

Ben placed the Smartboard back the best he could.

"Don't call me Shelly, and thank you for seeing me best suited for the technological work, being the master that I am."

"Yep, he's our computer guy. That isn't part of the powers, but I can see with vision of like 10/20 and 5/20 during a full moon, yes the full moon does effect wolves. And wolf people."
Hi said.

"Ben's our strong man, as you can tell. And Shelton can hear whispers from about half a football field away." I said.

"Ella and I are pretty even with our powers no one really shines above the others." Chance said

"Now I, being Alpha have a deeper connection between us , sorta like telepathic ropes between our minds that all connect in my head, with my wolf dog in the center, oh and my best sense is smell, I can even detect emotions via pheromones. Did I leave any thing out guys?"

"Eyes." Ella said

"Oh yeah, our eyes glow vibrant blue, but before getting caught by the government, ours, used to glow golden yellow. Chance and Ella's used to glow molten red."

"Convinced yet?" Ben asked.

"You should be!!" Kim said excitedly.

A "Sure." Or "wow!" Came of her friends.

"Now will you join us?" Chance asked

"Yup!" Nate
"Sure,why not?" Sean
"Mkay." Kenny
"Yeah cool" Diamond
"If she's going, then I am." Kobie

"Now, should Leslie be apart of our pack? Yes we will be part of the pack, they tend to use wolf terms. We will too after the changes." Kim said

"She's moving soon so there won't be much time." Diamond said

"K, so she's out, sorry, tight schedule." I said

"Meet us outside after 9th period. We will discuss the changes then." Chance said.

"We will."

"And you can't tell anyone. Shelly already turned off the cameras so we could meet with you now. Don't want the government finding out about us, again. Or the media." Ben warned as we walked out the door.

"Don't call me Shelly!" Were the last words before the door closed.