If it were the thugs from the bar, suspicious of me, I could avoid confrontation by hurrying onto the rooftops. However, it sounded like just one person running towards me. Still, to be guarded enough, I held up the dagger I had hidden away at my ankle. I relaxed my stance upon seeing Edward running in a flurry.

"Edward?" I mumbled, narrowing my eyes at his terrified expression. It was just a few meters before he reached me that the wall a little behind him exploded and debris scattered.

"Arisa!" Edward yelled, coming to a halt in front of me.

"Edward, what's going on? Why are you running?"

He grabbed my hand only to tug me away from where the debris was yet to settle. Heaving from running and his fright, he hollered, "It's Scar! We have to get out of here now!"

"Scar?" I repeated curiously. It was not someone I had heard of before.

"He's a serial killer who targets only State Alchemists!" he replied, still tugging me harshly to follow. For a moment, I wondered who it was who had Edward so frightened. Though I figured it was someone quite dangerous since Edward's prosthetic arm was missing.

"What happened to your right arm?" I asked, slightly resisting his forceful tugging to follow.

"Anything he touches with his right hand blows up! You can't let him touch you with his right hand! And he was the one responsible for Brig. Gen. Gran's death!"

His words had me furrowing my brows deeply. The news of Brig. Gen. Gran's death had come to most as a surprise, considering how powerful and alchemist he was. I had only heard that he had been killed by a rogue rather brutally – when the military found him, there was blood oozing out of his eyes, nose, mouth and multiple parts of his head, as if everything inside his head had exploded.

If the man who had killed the brigadier general was chasing Edward, it was bad news. However, curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see this person for myself, and see what he was capable of.

My coming to a stop had Edward freak out even more. He tugged me harder but I barely moved. The footsteps of who was chasing Edward near and I was soon to see a tall, well-built man with dark skin appear at the end of the alleyway we were in.

"Arisa, what are you doing?! We have to run – it's dangerous!" Edward tugged more desperately, his whole body trembling in absolute terror.

The man stopped a few feet from us, eyeing us was sharp scarlet eyes. He had an X shaped scar on his face, going across his eyes. He narrowed his eyes at me while I watched defiantly from below my cap. He glanced at Edward who was trying to pull me away in vain before looking back at me, then at my pocket watch that had slipped out of my pocket while I was running with Edward.

"You're a State Alchemist? But I've never seen you before. What is your title?" he questioned in a deep voice.

"Don't answer his question! We have to get away! Now!!" Edward yelled but I ignored him.

"Silver Wing."

"I see, then you too should be punished by Ishbala. If you don't resist, I will make your death painless." He lunged at us the very next moment, like a raging bull with no actual precision in his onslaught. Shoving Edward back, I dodged when the man tried to touch me with his right hand. His hand made contact with the ground and blew it up into smithereens. While the man continued his onslaughts despite my fluid dodging, I observed the patter of his movements so I could effectively fight back.

I dodged him by a hairline once, and he tipped over my cap in the process. I somersaulted several times before skidding to a halt a little away. As I stood, my hair fell open, reaching below my hips.