29-Princess?! Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I don't know about this. Isn't it a bit...revealing?"

Omar chuckled. "Nonsense. Many young ladies dress like this. You look marvelous, doesn't she, Master Drake, Master Drew?"

They both simply nodded. Omar gestured for us to follow him as he began explaining. "Now, first things first, I'll have a meal prepared."

We went to a dining room and soon began eating a delicious gourmet meal. After eating, Omar asked me a strange question.

"Can you dance, Princess Luna? It's traditional for our princess to know our dances. Princess Amira was said to be an amazing dancer."

He called in some musicians and the two servant girls who began belly dancing to the music. I got up and stood between them, copying their movements.

Hey, this was easy and actually pretty fun. Omar and the twins both clapped as the servant girls left, leaving me to dance on my own.

Slowly, people from the city came in to watch my performance. I continued to dance until the music stopped.

Everyone clapped at the end of my performance. One by one, people began leaving as Omar called in more servants.

"Princess Luna, Master Drake, Master Drew, I think it's time you all got some rest tonight. Warm bathes will be provided if you wish. Have a good night, I will see you all in the morning."

He bowed and left us as the servants led us to our rooms. As I bathed in a warm bath, I had the two servant girls pampering me.

One gently washed through my hair while the other fanned me. I smiled to myself. All this luxury is quite relaxing. Maybe staying here for a bit won't be so bad after all.

After my bath, I got dressed into some night clothes. I dismissed the servant girls, who quietly bowed and left as I curled up in my huge canopy bed.

My mind wondered back to Kid and the others. I hope they're alright. Just the thought of Kid seemed to lull me into a peaceful slumber.

Kid's pov

The next morning, we all got up and headed out in search of Luna and the twins. We tiredly walked for what seemed like hours.

With the sun now high in the sky, I squinted and shaded my face, seeing something in the distance. The others stopped, looking at me.

I heard Liz ask me, "What is it, Kid?"

"I think I see...buildings."

Clyde's mood instantly brightened. "It must be the city we have to defend! I bet Luna's already there!"

Patty complained. "Good! Let's get out of this stupid desert! It's too damn hot!"

I ignored her complaints as we headed toward the distant structures. Upon getting closer, I could definitely tell it was a city. We soon arrived, making our way down a street.

All of a sudden, we were surrounded by crowds of people. We all stopped, seeing the angry, distrustful looks on everyone's faces.

I calmly spoke. "It's okay. We're here to protect your city."

The crowds broke out in quiet murmurs as an elderly man approached us. He frowned at us.

"We don't trust many strangers. What is your business here in our city?"

I spoke for the group. "We were sent here from Death City to protect this place from harm."

The man shook his head. "I'm sorry, but we've got all the protection we need. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."