Chapter 1

I was sleeping, and suddenly I began having a dream. No, it wasn't a dream it was another of those weird visions again.  It was the kitchen in my house, there was a saucepan on the stove that was trembling, splashing water was coming out of it and I bet it was very hot, then I heard small footsteps getting close ... And then I heard my alarm. Great. I was so close to seeing what was going to happen and suddenly I was woken up. It was my first day as a senior in high school, pretty exciting. My brother was starting his freshmen year, and my little sister was starting fourth grade.

My brother is like my father, he is his small version when it comes to appearance. Our father is a tall, average build man. He has black hair, dark brown eyes and light brown skin. Our mother has white skin on the other side, but she still has brown eyes and dark hair. Her eyes are a lighter brown and her hair as well is brown, but a really dark brown almost black. She is naturally beautiful, no question my father fell in love with her. My father was pretty handsome too I guess, well that's what I think having in mind his age and the period of time he lived in when he was young. I love my parents, they are awesome, cool and funny, but they are also strict in some aspects. My younger sister looks like a doll, fragile and pretty. She is short for her age and has the same curly dark brown hair my mother has. She like the rest of my siblings and me have a chocolate coffee color in the eyes, it's like a mixture of my father's and my mother's eyes. I also have an older sister, but she doesn't live with us anymore she got married a couple years ago. She has like our father light brown skin and black hair, but her features are the ones of my mother, they both are so beautiful.

We live in the outsides of Portland, Oregon in a small neighborhood. Our house is an orange one at the end of the street. We all live perfectly in the house, my parents Edward and Beth, and my siblings, Edward and Jaelyn. My older sister, Melanie, lives nearby with her husband a guy named Max, they are having a baby soon. My father is an engineer and my mother is a housewife. Nothing really exciting.  Well except for one insignificant thing... well not very insignificant. The part that my father is a wizard and comes from a middle class wizard family. I've been learning magic since sixth grade when I started middle school. I'm a magic user, and when I graduate from high school I will get the title of "wizard." For that, I am super excited!

Things are different for my brother and I, compared to the life of normal teens our age. We weren't going to an ordinary high school, it was Mageia Academy Teaching School of Magic and Training of Magic Users. It's a special school where only teenagers like us assist, with wizard parents. But there are some exceptions, since wizard numbers are going down because of people not wanting to have their family involved with magic anymore and for many other reasons. The academy starts in sixth grade and goes on until twelfth grade, and if you want you can go to a college that teaches magic. That last one, is only if you want to specialize in an element, water, earth, air or fire. You also get your degree as you will in a normal college, you study magic and other career at the same time. Or if you want to specialize on all, well you can do that meanwhile you have the money for it. We learn all the things we should learn in a regular  school, we just have a few more classes that are well... about magic. I will graduate as a wizard, that's for sure, but I won't go to a magic teaching college, I'm going to a human normal college. I don't want to specialize in any element, I don't need it because I have a special ability already.

Most wizards develop a special ability, it can be anything. Meanwhile it's something special and unique to you, and only you can do it and not others, it's an ability. But well there are wizards that don't get to develop abilities or they get to develop something dumb and useless, those are the ones that specialize in an element. They use and manipulate their element to produce another type of magic, it's still light magic though not dark magic. Unfortunately, dark magic does exist and people use it to do bad things. They use it to get more power, hurt others and do all different kind of twisted things that are so unnatural. Well, the magic we learn to use at school is also unnatural, but we aren't evil creatures at least. And speaking of school I'm running late.