Chapter Two

[Image is Aria]
[This chapter takes place five months before the first chapter]

*Aria*

I sat up in my cell panting. Another nightmare. Tears falling from my eyes.

"Babe what's wrong?" He asked.

"I had a nightmare," I said as he opened the cell and I ran into his arms.

"Shhh you'll be safe with me," he said one hand holding my head the other on my back.

"I know you don't allow it, but can I not sleep in my cell tonight?" I asked looking up at him.

"I guess tonight you can sleep upstairs with me," he smiled.

"Oh thank you!" I said hugging him again.

"Zack, come here. We've got a message." Joe said poking his head down from upstairs.

"Stay here for a few minutes babe," he said kissing my forehead before I walked back into my cell.

"Okay," I said timidly.

*Zack*

I ran up the stairs. Joe was sitting at his desk in his laptop.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Sean." He replied and anger rushed through my body.

"Hasn't he given up on her already! He needs to deal with the fact that she is mine now!" I yelled furiously.

"Zack calm down. It's just a letter. He probably has given up looking for her anyway, he would've came a lot earlier if he really cared about her," Joe said handing me an envelope.

"I'll never stop. I'll never stop searching for her. I know you'll get this. I know the messenger I'm giving this will get it to you. I'll never stop searching.

-Sean"

I crumbled the paper up and threw it away. I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing.

"Send it." I replied handing the envelop and the letter I had just written to Joe.

"Okay," he said with a sigh.

*Aria*

"What is it?" Zack asked.

"Sean." Joe replied to Zack and my heart hurt.

"Hasn't he given up on her already! He needs to deal with the fact that she is mine now!" Zack yelled.

"Zack calm down. It's just a letter. He probably has given up looking for her anyway, he would've came a lot earlier if he really cared about her," Joe said.

I sat on the ground in the corner of my cell. Silently crying. I needed him. I needed Sean. I need to get out of here.

I wiped my eyes as I heard footsteps coming towards the stairs. Zack ran down and came over to my cell. He unlocked it and I walked over to him.

"I love you," he said hugging me:

"I love you too," I said hoping he'd believe it.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"Of course," I replied as he walked over to my bed and sat on it.

"Sean is trying to get you back," he replied looking into my eyes.

"I don't want him back. He never came for me. He didn't care. I don't need him," I lied.

"I'm glad to hear that," he said grabbing my hand.

"Come on," he said pulling me up and running up the stairs.

"Why is she up here," Joe asked.

"I think she's ready," he said.

"Zack, most people weren't ready for 2-3 years, she's only been here for 1!" Joe said.

"Joe listen. We can trust her. She's smart, and she could be a great advantage!" Zack said.

"Ugh fine, take her to the room," Joe said.

___

"Aria, we want you to join the Mafia." Zack said and my jaw dropped.

"Y-you want me?" I asked pointing to myself.

"Yes you have proven yourself trustworthy, and your smart, fast, and clever." Joe said.

"Thank you! I mean... Of course I want to be apart of the Mafia. Ever sense Sean abandoned me and I realized he never really cared I've wanted to get revenge on him," I smiled evilishly.

"Great, we're gonna need you to do something first," Joe said.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"Get one of these," Joe said holding out his wrist.

There was a burn mark of an 'M' on his wrist. I honesty didn't want to be in the Mafia.

I just need to gain their trust. I know Sean would never stop looking for me until he got me back.

"Joe come on, she doesn't need one of those," Zack said.

"But-" he said before being cut off my me.

"If I need to get one to be part of the Mafia then give me one," I replied.

"You don't have to," Zack said.

"I want to." I answered.

___

"Fuck," I whisper shouted when they placed the burning metal M on my skin.

"Done. Your officially part of the Mafia now." Joe said as he placed the metal rod in cold water.

I looked at my wrist. A bright red M would be on my wrist... Forever.

This was the start of my journey. My journey to becoming the most wanted criminal in the country.

_____
A/N: This is sorta an early update but I had to fix my updating schedule! Next update in five day! :D

Don't forget to comment and vote! :)

I love you all so much! Have a nice day!