Chapter 18: Me & You.

Songs for this chapter are:

Fighter-Christina Aguilera

Heart Attack-Demi Lovato

Why Try- Ariana Grande

All The Way Home- Tamar Braxton

Love & War- Tamar Braxton

(Ariana's POV)
Nathan & I spent the whole night playing Just Dance. I beat him like twice in a row maybe? but who's counting? Me... Of course. My eyes flew open. I lay shivering and gasping in my hotel bed for several minutes, trying to break free of my dream. The dream was about Justin. The sun was penetrating through the curtains. The sky turning from a light grey to a pale pink. and my heart slowly began to raise. When I was fully awake back to the reality of my clean, familiar hotel bed, I realized Nathan was in the bed with me. What a dream that was last night! Eager to shake off the nightmare, I got dressed and headed into the kitchen with Nathan behind me. I was to keyed up to have breakfast — So I sat bouncing in my seat while Nathan ate.

"How'd you sleep last night?" He asked me.

"I slept wonderfully!" I say. Considering we stayed up half the night.

Nathan nodded thoughtfully, I ducked into to kiss the top of his head. a friendly kiss as I passed — he blushed —  and continued to drink the milk from his bowl as he got up to answer the door.

"Hey, Scooter" Nathan said. Allowing Scooter to come in.

"Hey, Nathan" Scooter said.

"Oh, damn, look at your eyes!" Scooter said as he approached me. "What did you do? Stay up all night?"

"Almost."

He frowned. "We only have so little time to make it to the airport, Ari — we have to hurry up."

"Scooter no one expects me to be stunning. especially at 5:30 in the morning. I think the bigger problem is that I might fall asleep during the concert and not be able to sing. and then the fans will burn the place to the ground." 

He laughed. "I'll throw some water at you if you nod off."

"Thanks." I stuck my tongue out.

"At least you'll be able to sleep on the plane."

"Right!," I say.

"You're all packed and ready," he asked.

"Yea! I am.." I say.

"I will put your bags in the car." Nathan says, and disappears from the room.

Scooter eyes me weirdly looking me up and down. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Is the look you're giving me really necessary? He's just taking my bags to the car." I say putting my hands on my hips.

"No! it's not about that. It's Justin." he quietly murmurs.

Instantly. My heart lurches at the mention of his name.

"Sit down Ari, we need to talk about Justin." Scooter said.

I wasn't ready to discuss Justin related things. Those wounds were still too fresh, and touchy to venture back into that kind of territory.

"Have you talked to Justin?"

"Not really the only time, I talked to him was the day of his tour." I say. I took a deep breath, willing myself to gain composure.

"Well you haven't got on Twitter have you?" He asks. his eyes sending me a worried look.

"Um. No, why?" I ask my anxiety starting to kick in.

"Well. he left a very angry, message on his Twitter." Scooter says.

"How a-angry? is it about m-me?" I stuttered. My voice thick.

All it took was a glance from Scooter, to me let me know. that it was about me. I'm not surprised that it was. It's always about me.

Tears cloud my vision as I read the tweet. I tried to comprehend, through the film of tears blinding me, why would he tweet this for the world to see? The responses to the tweet erupted into, a mass frenzy. comments were flooding his timeline. I couldn't look away from this. Scooter's arms found me pulling me into — a comforting hug. Finally — I tore my eyes away from the phone. allowing the emotions to run over me. This is too much, way too much, for me to be dealing with right now. my attention centered on Nathan's hand clutched tightly in my own.

(Justin's POV)
My eyes try to adjust to the darkness of the house the only light being cast from the hallway. I trip over the table leg and my face smashes against the floor.

"Justin?" My mom whispers. Trying not to laugh.

"Yea it's me" I say and turn on the living room light.

The heat from her skin sends warmth through my body. she buries her face in my chest. I leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

"Justin sweetie I'm so glad you're home." she says. releasing me and walking into the kitchen pulling out a plate wrapped in tinfoil.

I didn't answer her; I just walked toward the kitchen table, and sat down, my head focused toward the wall in front of me.

"You miss her." My moms delicate voice echoes through the air.

My hand flew towards my throat, her eyes were huge with concern.

"Justin just go see her please? I'm worried about you. You can't keep hurting yourself like this." tears pool at her eyes.

My eyes were adjusting, and I could see her face now, and it was killing me to see that painful look on her face. I know it hurts her to see me like this but I can't help it. Her eyes were tight around the edges  — careful; I could see all the pain. she was doing all she could to make me happy, to not slip up and show that she was worried for me. I'd never do anything good enough to deserve a girlfriend like Ariana.

"When are you going to go back."

I took a deep breath before answering her question. "I don't really know. I've been wondering for a while, maybe when she's done with her tour." But I wasn't really sure. She needs the time to heal. and I do too.

"Okay." Her shoulders slump. "At least you're thinking.."

"Yeah... I guess. thanks for warming my food up for me."

"You're welcome." she started to say something else but she snapped her mouth shut. Kissing the top, of my head. and she walks out of the kitchen and into her bedroom leaving me to my thoughts.

.

.

.

.