I nod my head slowly and open the cap to my water bottle. I couldn't imagine it either. And I honestly would've had my bets put on Louis to be the one to crash a car.

It stays quiet for a few minutes until Louis speaks softly, "Do you think Roman's wife was the one who hit Liam?"

I turn towards him, "What?"

"Well, Niall said the car came out of nowhere. Meaning he was no doubt the one being hit. And Roman mentioned he was on the phone with her when it happened. She probably would've been extra cautious if she saw a crash. I don't know, I just think they were the first two cars involved..."

That makes a lot of sense.

I put the water bottle down on the table and slide down the bed a little until I'm almost laying down, but not yet fully. Louis' body follows mine and his head goes right on my chest. His left hand is resting over my left hip as his fingernails move lightly over my skin. The feeling relaxes me and gives me goosebumps.

My left arm feels awkward where it is under Louis, so I pull my arm out from under him and he's about to sit up before I reach around his back to his left shoulder and pull him back down to my chest. He returns back to his position, a little stiffer than before but I hope it'll fade away.

"What do you think?" He pokes my stomach as he asks.

My hand rests awkwardly on his side, but I try not to be holding him there too forcefully. More my wrist lays on the back of his hip and my palm and fingers sort of bounce off of him.

"I think that the crash happened, it doesn't matter who's responsible. It won't change anything. Everyone is still suffering."

"But what if someone presses charges? There was more than two cars in that crash."

I move my hand lower to rub at his lower back, "It's not your issue." I say softly, trying to keep him at bay. I can feel the tiredness tracing through my voice. It always seems to work, getting up from the bed and walking around for a minute.

"Doesn't mean I can't worry for them." He turns his head to look up at me.

That's really fucking close.

I move my arm from around his back and try and shift my body out from under his. He takes the hint and he shuffles back to his side a little more. I shift down so I can fully lay down on my side to face Louis.

"I know. But it also means that it's not your problem to solve. You hardly know them." My eyes are drooping and I'm squinting my eyes to try and keep them open.

He sighs and reaches his left hand up to my cheek slowly. His thumb brushing over from the corner of my lip, out, "Goodnight, Haz."

I close my eyes but I can feel my lips quirk, "Goodnight."

***

Louis has been trying to get me out of bed for the last twenty minutes, the air conditioning at night seems like such a good idea in the beginning, giving the blankets the feeling of warmth and being able to be cocooned in them. But in the morning, it's a hassle. I don't want to leave this bed. I feel like this is the comfiest sleep I have ever had.

"H, come on, I want to go see Liam." Niall whines as Louis helps him to put on his jeans from yesterday.

"I was planning on dropping you two off, then heading back home to get some things for everyone." Louis says as he finishes with the jeans.

It still bothers me that they're this close, but I think Louis has taken my hint. I hope so anyways, I really don't want to fucking say it out loud.