"Well?" Kane questioned once more; his accent thick as it echoed within the mouth of his glass.

"He and Christian Moreau have likely snuck off to the study for some drinks. The night is still early, isn't it? I suppose the prospect of social-duties requires a great deal of liquor."

Kane eyed the man's rose-tinted cheeks, akin to his homely sister.

"Oh! You simply must try this import he brought back from Cuba. It is an aromatic cigar with hints of cocoa and spices!" Hugh exclaimed, hoping to please his two guests.

Dominic sipped at his glass pleasantly, a smug grin upon his face. "And would your father not join us? Why don't you bring us to the study?"

The Kuznetsov man's tone had suggested to Hugh the intentness of the pair. "Of course, of course," he answered, still coughing between puffs. "My apologies. I will send word to him of your desire to speak—"

"No messenger is necessary, Hugh. Bring us to the study," Kane commanded. His voice had lowered; for the remnants of his patience were waning, along with the throb of his head. He had become further bondless from the vodka and he wished to complete matters in haste.

Hugh noted his raging impatience and stood from his seat promptly. "Right this way, Mr. Romanov."

Kane and Dominic abandoned the lounge and followed the flustered Maxim up the main staircase. They had glanced back to survey Vladimir, though he had already taken Claudia to the service elevator and had found his way beneath her lifted skirt. The homely and less impressive socialite had been excited at the encounter, having hoped to embitter the sightly Romanov. The woman's efforts were in vain, however; as Kane had shown no signs of jealousy and had been appeased at the paucity of her company.

Dominic chuckled darkly, noting that Hugh was likely aware of his sister's present visit to the elevator. He spoke to Kane in Russian, commenting on the causticity of the sentiment.

Kane finished his beverage and deposited his glass to the floor rudely.

Hugh had been stalling, causing his temper to boil as they wandered the long halls. He grasped the man's neck gruffly, sending him into the side of a decorative, wood-paneled door.

Dominic remained resigned at the presence of Kane's ill-temper. He rather enjoyed the roughness, seeing as they were out of view from guests.

"For fuck's sake; get on with it!" Kane hissed, watching as the man struggled pitiably.

Hugh clambered to his feet, regretting his decision to liquor up the brawny pair of men. He had known of Viktor and his sons' wrath, though he hadn't expected such violence from the complimentary shots of alcohol.

"Mr. Romanov. To what do we owe this occasion?" Harvey greeted. His manner had been a bit flustered; as Kane had all but broken down the study-room door.

Hugh had entered in closely behind him, a dull-witted look upon his face. He hadn't the time to warn his father of their approach and, for that, he'd been wearied.

"Viktor sends his warmest regards," Kane informed his audience rather stolidly.

Within the study stood Harvey and his guests: Christian Moreau; his son, Sebastian; and Reg Clifton, their discerning accountant. All four men were startled at the mention of the Romanov family patriarch and had hastened in their responses.

"He won't be back from Saint Petersburg for another two days, but insisted that I accept his invitation in his place. My men and I am welcome at your ritzy, little gala— Are we not?"

"But, of course. You two gentlemen help yourselves. We were just about to crack open a pricey stout!"

Kane jeered pridefully as he wrapped his arm firmly around Harvey's shoulders. The tall man towered over the less-statured Maxim and he laughed nervously, a bottle hugged tightly within his hands.