Chapter IX

Hey everyone! I know second chapter in a row right! I decided to put all my efforts into finishing this story, but I don't want it to be crappy that and school is why it has taken me a little while to finish this chapter of 5500 words! Yay! Anyway this chapter has a lot of switching between Percy's and Jason's POVs. Also Not including this chapter I think I have two, maybe three more chapters. Though this will be the longest I think before it ends. Anyway I hope you enjoy. Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting! Also this hasn't been edited. As stated before I will do editing to both of my finished stories after I am done with this one.

Percy POV

I ran. I had to. My head was so jumbled I didn't know what was what anymore. I didn't know where to go to help. Jason was at my usual safe place and Gabe's house was never a safe haven. I didn't even realize I had run into someplace until a woman came up to me.

"Percy are you okay?" I looked down to see Hestia, for some reason my feet had carried me here. "Percy?" She looked really worried and then I noticed people staring at me and I felt entirely embarrassed. She seemed to notice this as she took my hand and led me to the back. She didn't say anything as she sat me down at a small table and moved over to the counter. She didn't say anything as she moved around, allowing me to calm down and form thoughts. Why had I run here? What was going to happen? Could I escape? Suddenly there was a mug with steam coming out of it. Hestia sat down across form me at the small table.

"It is hot chocolate drink up." I looked at her and then at the mug. It smell awesome and I couldn't remember when the last time I had hot chocolate was. I gently picked up the mug and took a small sip. The warm liquid invading my mouth was delicious. I took another sip and I felt my body relax a little bit.

"Better?" I looked over to see Hestia smiling, but worry was in her eyes. I sat my mug down.

"Yes, thank you." I needed to leave. "I'm sorry for troubling you." I went to get up, but she put her hand on my good one.

"It isn't any trouble Percy. Please stay, I haven't seen you for a while." I hesitated. I needed to leave, but if I did I would probably hurt her and I didn't want to do that. My guilt won out as I made myself comfortable and picked up the mug again. Might as well enjoy the hot chocolate.

"It has been awhile."

"So what has been going on with you?" I shrugged.

"School. That's about it."

"Jason said he was worried about you and so has Vesta."

"You and Vesta talk?" I totally ignored the comment about Jason because after what just happened with him I knew I would blush.

"Yes, she and I are best friends. We grew up together and are still thick as thieves." I had been trying to stay away from Vesta since I saw her the first time. I knew she had keen eyes and would catch my bluffs. I guess I had failed to stay off her radar like I wanted to.

"I am fine. Things have changed at home and I just don't have time for anything else." I couldn't say much more. I finished my hot chocolate.

"Thank you very much for your hospitality, but my uncle is expecting me at the house." I stood up and so did she. She came over and hugged me, which surprised me and hurt since Gabe had used his new favorite toy last night. I gentle hugged her back and she thankfully let go.

"If you need anything just come and talk. I will always be here."

"Thank you." I grinned at her and she led me out. It was only six by the time I made my way home. I prayed that Gabe was at work. He had for some reason been home on the weekends and hasn't been working like he usually is. It had put a kink in finding my mother. I had located her at a hospital, but when I called they wouldn't give me any information. I opened the door and quietly shut it. I went to go to my room when I heard the thumping of heavy footsteps. Dam.