All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2

Night fell and once we salted all the windows and doors, Jake took guard duty at the doorway, Andy was asleep, laying his head on the table, Ava was just staring into space while sitting in a chair since Sam has told her that her fiancé was murdered. Sam and I were sitting in two chairs, facing each other, doing our best to stay awake.

"You know...you're an idiot" I stated tiredly.

"Why's that?" he asked, just as tired.

"Because you just are"

"Yeah​, that makes a lot of sense..." I just shrugged. "Look, I know about Brit...and how she has feelings for me..."

"They aren't just feelings anymore Sam, she really likes you and it's been a really long time since she let somebody in the way she let you in"

"I just...I didn't know..."

"Well now you do. Life is too short, Sam. So what are you gonna do about it?"

He stayed silent, considering my words.

After a little bit longer, I felt my eyelids trying to shut and Sam was the same way. Then, I saw a face I was not happy to see...

"Jake! Look out!" I yelled and Sam jumped a little but everyone else was unfazed as I felt Sam's temper rise and he reached for his gun even thought it was completely useless.

"Howdy kids" the Yellow Eyed Demon said.

"We're dreaming" Sam stated and I looked at him. We were dreaming the same dream? Weird.

"What do you say we all take a little walk" the douche suggested.

We followed him outside but Sam and I stayed tense and silent. "You both are awfully quiet. You're not mad at me are ya?"

"I'll tear you to shreds, I swear!" Sam threatened.

"When you wake up tiger, you give it your best shot"

"Where's my brother and Brittney" Sam demanded.

"Quit worrying about Dean and Brittney. Worry more about yourselves"

"What, you gonna kill us?" I hissed and he spun around to face us so we stopped immediately.

"I'm trying to help you. That's why we're talking. I'm rooting for you both"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam asked.

"Welcome to the Miss America Pageant. Why do you think you're both here? It's a competition where only one of you crazy kids will make it out alive"

"I thought we were supposed to be..."

"Soldiers? That's true. You are. But here's the thing, I don't need soldiers, I need a soldier, just one...maybe two" he shrugged.

"Why?"

"I couldn't have come out and say that Sam. I had to make everyone think they had a fighting chance..."

"Hold up. You keep saying one solider. One leader. One will make it out. Are you expecting Sam and I to try and kill each other?" I asked, incredulous as Sam's face twisted a little.

"Well I like you both so I'm not too sure who I'd want to win, maybe I would take you both, but it would be amusing to watch"

We stayed silent, as I grinded my teeth. "Actually...it's Brittney who should be here right now...and part of me was hoping she would be the one to run in after Sam at the diner...but when it was you, that just became a gift from down under. Brittney should be the one here. She has great potential...what I need is a leader, like I said..."