Not Enough Time Part 2

Melissa

I was worried. And I never worry. But it was getting dark again and my eye lids were getting heavy.

I was just about to lose hope in finding this girl...but then I saw my beautiful bike on the side of the road. I quickly pulled over and jumped out, running to the bike. I looked around.

"Brit!" I called out. Nothing.

"Brittney!" I yelled again.

Still nothing. Then...I heard a high pitched scream. I knew that scream anywhere. "Brittney!" I yelled for a third time and ran to my truck.

I got out my gun and raced to where I heard the scream come from. I ran into the woods, swerving in and out of the trees. I finally came into view and Brit was on the ground and I instantly recognized the wendigo that was hovering over her. I readied my rifle and I could've easily hit it, distracting it for just a little bit. But, I stopped myself when I saw her light something and it started to spark. She knew what the monster was and she was ready to take it out!

But then it hit the lit object out of her hand. That was when I shot at it and started running. It looked at me as I picked up the thing that Brit fired up and seeing it was an explosive fire cracker, I threw it at the monster and it exploded into pieces.

"Melissa" Brit said, shocked to see me.

"How'd you know how to kill it?" I asked, smiling at her as she stood.

"I've been on the road with you for two years, I picked up a few things. How did you find me?"

"Oh please, I've been looking for you for the past two days! What are you doing out here in the woods anyway?" I asked.

"Your bike ran out of gas..." she started but then impulse took over my body and I just punched her. I punched her!

"Ow! What the hell!"

"That's for leaving!"

"Mel, knock it off, we still have to help those people that the wendigo trapped" she said and started dragging me away.

"Okay but don't think we're not done talking" I said and continued to follow her.

We got to the cave and rescued three people back into daylight. They weren't too badly hurt but we called an ambulance for them anyway. We waited until one set of paramedics arrived but I put the bike in the bed of the truck and we left before the cops showed up. We drove a few miles in silence but then I pulled over to the side of the road and shut the truck off. I sat just there for a minute and then turned in my chair to face her.

"So...you wanna tell me what the hell this is?" I snapped, throwing the note at her. She looked down at it...almost embarrassed. "Brit...tell me exactly why you left" I said in a more gentle tone.

"I cant..."

"Why not? You used to tell me everything"

"I cant tell you because once I say it out loud, I'll sound like a totally conceited bitch"

"You've always been that way" I joked, putting a hand on her knee, smiling at her and she rolled her eyes at me. "No judging. I promise"

"I don't know...I miss having you as a best friend. I feel like you left me for Dean..."

I bust out laughing.

"You said no judging!"

"I know, it's just...Dean? Seriously?"

"Well yeah. Believe it or not, I miss you two fighting and I miss you hanging and laughing with me"

"Brit, we started to act civil because you and Sam wanted us to" I reminded her.