Different From The Rest

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Okay...so Dean had told us that John said he might have to kill Sam and I might have to kill Brit...and now Sam's missing, Brit is out there somewhere looking for him and Dean and I were tied to chairs, in some kind of rundown house. Yeah, things were just going peachy for us. Wanna know who our kidnapper was? Gordon. Yep, so can you just imagine how things were going for us? Usually I was good in combat but he got us off guard, I told Brit to run and find Sam and then Gordon choked me until I passed out. Before I opened my eyes, I paid attention to what was around me. I couldn't hear any cars, so we weren't near a close road. I could smell wet wood so I guessed we were in some kind of cabin and my arms felt a burning sensation and I couldn't move...so I just guessed I was tied with ropes.

"Well, well, well look who's waking up" I heard Gordon say as my vision went from blurry to clear.

I saw Dean was tied up as well to another chair. "Well, well, well look who got out of the ropes. Finally had enough of shitting your pants Gordon, just wanted to come looking for more huh" I managed a weak smile.

"Gordy, I know Brit, Sam, Mel and I ain't exactly your favorite people, but don't you think this is a little extreme?" Dean intervened before Gordon could reply.

"What, you think this is revenge?"

"Well, we did leave you tied up in your own mess for three days...which was awesome" he said and we both chuckled. "Sorry, I shouldn't laugh"

"Shouldn't laugh" I said, letting out a small chuckle myself.

"Yeah. I was definitely planning on whoopin' your ass for that"

"Mm-hmm" Dean voiced.

"But that's not what this is. This isn't personal. I'm not a killer, Dean. I'm a hunter...and your brother's fair game...and I would be sorry about how poor Brittney has to get in the line of fire...but then I heard that she's just like him"

I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes. "She caught up with little Sammy just now in case you were wondering...see, I was doing an exorcism down in Louisiana...teenage girl, seemed routine, some low-level demon. But between all the jabbering and the head-spinning, the damn thing muttered something about a coming war. Now, I don't think it meant to. It just kind of slipped out. But it was too late...peaked my interest. And you can really make a demon talk if you've got the right tools" he did a little monologue.

"And what happened to the girl it was possessing?" Dean asked.

"She didn't make it"

"Well, you're a son of a bitch" I spat.

Then all of a sudden, his hand collided with my face and a loud, hideous sound filled the room. "Hey!" Dean yelled at the top of his lungs, grunting.

"That's my mama you're talkin' about" Gordon said, getting close to my face.

I looked up at him, managing a smile as I felt the welt form on my cheek. He straightened his posture and turned away. Dean was giving me a hard look...but it wasn't one of his hard serious looks, it was a hard, caring look. I mouthed 'It's okay' to him so he would just chill out a little.

"Anyway, this demon tells me they have soldiers to fight in this coming war...humans fighting on hell's side, you believe that? I mean, they're psychics, so they're not exactly pure humans, but still...what kind of worthless scumbag you've gotta be to turn against your own race. But you know the biggest kick in the ass? This demon said I knew two of 'em our very own Sammy Winchester and Brittney Hails...I even heard some interesting stories about you Melissa Stern"