Epilogue - Part 4 (14 Years Later)

Start from the beginning

After obtaining his dream job at Bow Pint International Computers, Seven and I settled down in a home just a few miles from where I use to live with Carollena.

As for me, I continued teacher at the local elementary school. I can’t say that I enjoy it every day, because it is hard get off work after hearing kids yell and scream all day, then walk into your house and have your children do the same. Yet, somehow I manage. I think I mostly survived because Seven gets home a little bit after me and he would just give them one look and they close their mouths and run to their room.

“Mommy? I am hungry,” Zoey told me as she drew me out of my thoughts.

I gave her a small smile. “Well, it is about lunch time. How about a grilled cheese?”

Zoey gave a nod before she hopped off my lap and we walked into the kitchen.

As I prepared her lunch, I thought about how Zoey was most definitely not an accident. Once Seven and I got settled and had a stable income we decided to shoot for another child. Nine months later Zoey was welcomed into the world.

As for Heaven and Carollena a year or so ago, they got a divorce. You’d think that would totally crack our group of friends, but in fact we still hang out with each other and even though they are not together anymore, they are still friends.

“Honey, are we going to your father’s tonight?” Seven asked as he came in the kitchen. Placing his cup in the sink, he filled it with water.

“Yep, told him we would be there about six. So, did Julia call Lilac about the mall?”

“I don’t know if she has, but I called Lilac’s dad, Roger, and asked if he was going to shadow them. Said he was already planning to do that but wasn’t planning on admitting it to them.”

I gave a nod knowing we could trust Roger. He is an ex-marine and a really close buddy with Seven. Roger’s wife, Winter, and I were very close, but unfortunately she died about ten months ago. Sighing, I wondered if I should make a dinner for Julia to give to Roger, gosh knows Winter was the cook of the house, and Roger now relies on take-out.

“Mommy, you're burning my grilled cheese.”

Looking down I saw that her sandwich was barely even brown yet. However, I acted as if I really had burnt it and started to say, “oh ding dong it! I’m so sorry Zoey! How will you ever forgive me?!”

Zoey smiled and it was then that I saw she was missing one of her front teeth.

“Zoey, what happened to your tooth?”

“It came out, but I did what brother said. Put it under me pillow,” Zoey said with a smile.

Seven bent down and gave Zoey a hug. “You are losing your baby teeth,” releasing her he smiled. “I’m so proud of you!”

Plating Zoey’s grilled cheese, I put it on the counter and then proceeded to get her some milk.

“Anna, let’s have another one,” Seven muttered as he hugged me from behind. I felt him kiss my jaw and I could help but smirk.

“Have another what?” I innocently asked, even though I knew what he was hinting at.

“Another little Zoey.”

“What if we had a boy?”

“Doesn’t matter, I just think Zoey needs a little sibling.”

“That was what you said about Julia,” I told him before I wiggled out of his arms and handed Zoey her milk.

Going over to the stove, I started to clean up the mess I made while making her sandwich.

“I did say that, and hence why Zoey came along.”