Confessions of a F.B.I Agent

I don’t know when, but it felt like a lifetime before what Max just told me officially sunk in. Shaking my head a few times, I began to wonder if Max was lying to me. There was no way that Seven could be an F.B.I agent. He was too ... well, Seven. Swaying my feet back and forth a little, I nibbled on my bottom lip. It just didn’t fit together... “Your story is flawed,” I stated out loud with slight confidence.

 Max, who had taken back residence in the bar stool, arched an eyebrow at me. “What do you mean?”

 “Seven is not a federal agent. He can’t be and even if he was, Leaven would have figured it out and without a doubt killed his own brother. Leaven doesn’t leave any patch unsown,” I spoke metaphorically.

 Tapping the red plaid cushion that was on the barstool, Max nodded. “You are right. Leaven would have killed Seven if he knew his brother, whom lived under the same roof as him, was an agent of the government, hence why we made extra precautions.”

 “Like what?” I questioned with deep interest in how Seven could hide such a thing from not only the world, but his brother that seemed to have ears and eyes, everywhere.

 Sliding off his stool, Max gave me a grin. “A magician never reveals his secrets.”

 I rolled my eyes at Max. “Fine, don’t tell me,” I gave a fake pout hoping to sway him into divulging the secret of Seven’s disguise.

 “I grew up with two sisters, that my friend is not going to work.”

 Giving Max a glare, I stuck my tongue out at him. “Whatever,” I muttered as I hopped off the counter. I started to put the dips and chips up as I seemed to find myself full. Halfway through my cleaning process, Max’s phone went off.

 “Hello? ... What do you mean?! Shit, Seven! Why didn’t you tell me?! ... Yeah, whatever ... She is fine, chill ... No, I haven’t, but I will ... Alright, keep me updated, preferably when things happen!”

 “What was that about?” I asked once Max was off the phone.

 “Oh, seems Leaven wasn’t on the flight when it touched down. Seven is just now telling me this...”

 “Wait, I thought Leaven wasn’t getting in until Sunday, it is only Friday,” I spoke as I finally remember what Seven told me the other day.

 “For some reason he booked a flight today. But ... something is off. He didn’t get off the plane when it landed...”

 “You don’t think he is leading a false bread trail?”

 Max gave me a smile that was off, it was then I knew what he was going to say next would be a lie. “No, I don’t think Leaven would do that ... he is not that smart.”

 “You and I know you are underestimating him.”

 “Doesn’t matter what I’m doing. All we can do is hope that Seven gets here before Leaven.”

 Closing the refrigerator door, I looked over at Max who was tapping his phone on his palm. “When will Seven be here?”

 “Soon, hopefully,” Max mumbled before looking at the kitchen door. “Want to watch a movie, or play a board game?”

 “A board game sounds fine to me,” I replied as I saw the worry glossing over his eyes. It was becoming evident that Leaven was messing with Seven and Max’s plans and Max was not too happy about that.

 I was seconds from walking out of the kitchen when my stomach gave a loud growl. It was then that I realized I wasn’t as full as I thought moments ago. Stepping back into the kitchen, I grabbed a packet of Nutter Butters that was in the cabinet by the sink.

 Strolling out of the kitchen, I saw that I’d no idea where Max went. “Max?” I called out.

 “Take a right!” His voice boomed.

 Turning, right like he instructed, I started walking down the green colored hall. It wasn’t long before I walked into the living room. Looking around I saw that it was spacious room with two brown leather couches and a recliner. One end of the living room had a stone fireplace and the other had two wide French doors with white curtains. I was really tempted to see what the outside of this place looked like, but Max’s voice halted my curiosity.

 “Okay we have regular cards, Uno, Dominos, Monopoly, Sorry, and Apples to Apples.”

 “Uno,” I chose as I sat down on the floor next to the glass coffee table. Opening the package of Nutter Butters, I started to smile at the pleasing smell the pack gave off. “So, Max tell me about yourself.”

 “What do you want to know?” He questioned as he sat opposite to me on the floor. Pulling the cards out of the container they were in, he started to shuffle the deck on the coffee table.

 “Well, what did you want to be, before Leaven entered your life?”

 “A lawyer, my father was one and he kinda groomed me to be one too. I was the only son and first born in the family, so I was kind of pushed in the same direction as my father went.”

 “What about your other siblings? Where they pushed in another direction or allowed to do what they wanted?” I questioned.

 “Well, Piper, my sister wasn't really pushed in a certain direction at first. But, as she got older mom and dad tried to get her to go in the medical field. My mom is heart surgeon, so it was only fitting that they try and get Piper in that area of field. Though Piper had this dream of being on Broadway and seeing her face on every magazine. My parents didn't have it however, they thought she would fail and become a hobo on the side of the road ... As for my youngest sister, Jenny, she was-”

 “Jenny? Are we talking about Jenny, as in Seven’s Jenny?!”

Max stopped shuffling the deck and gave me a guilty look like he had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "Uhhhhh, you see...”

<><><><><><>

A/N:

Guess what!

Next chapter will be SEVEN's P.O.V !!!! Yay!!!

Excited?

P.S - You guys can't even fathom how much I was jumping up in down in happiness last night. So many comments!!! It really made me happy and gave me the push to finish this book! Thanks!!!