The Pain of Love

• Dedicated to alli21

Okay, have you ever felt like you were having the same day(s) that just kept repeating, over and over? It was like a vicious cycle or Ferris wheel that kept on going and you could never escape. Well, I felt that way as I started to wake up and see that I was once again in a hospital bed with machines all around me.

Lying back and not moving, I waited for a nurse or someone to come in and see me awake. Luckily, this time I didn’t have a tube in my mouth or I wouldn’t have been so calm.

I started to wonder if I was in my own little Groundhog Day movie. In case you have never seen that movie, it is about a guy who keeps repeating the same day over and over.

I get it, right now you are probably like, “Anna, stop complaining, you’re alive, fortunately.” Yet, the thing is I am a complainer and the bleach stitched room was just reminding me of the last time I was here.

“Anna!” I heard a female’s voice from beside me as my heavy lids opened some more. Looking over I saw Carollena race over to me. Giving me a huge hug she lifted me up and started to sway me back and forth. “I was so worried!”

“She has only been out for ten hours, five of which she was in surgery. So, chill your horses.” A new voice said from the doorway. Looking over I saw Heaven leaning on the door post. Glancing at me, she smiled. “Hey girlie, how you feeling?”

“Like I’ve been shot,” I replied as I started to feel a heavy sting on my right shoulder.  

Carollena released me and gasped. “I’m so sorry! I forgot about you being shot, I was just happy you were awake when I walked in. They said you might not make it. Luckily Seven knew CPR ... speaking of that! You have some explaining to do! Why the fudge monkeys did you not tell me Leaven was abusing you?! I outta ring your neck! You know that you should-”

“Carollena, maybe this is a conversation for another day. She just woke up,” Heave stated as she walked in the room.

Shagged in defeat, Carollena nodded, “you’re right. But, Annabelle you have a huge lecture ahead your way. This is not over!” Carollena told me as she pointed her index finger right at my face.

I smiled, “I know.”

“I’ll go get the doctor and call your dad,” Carollena said before turning her heel and walking out of the room.

“So, you all know everything now -- about Leaven and I?” I questioned.

Heaven, who was holding a Sprite, set it down on the table beside me. “I’ve known everything for awhile. You know I would have -- should have -- killed Leaven sooner, but Seven wanted to kill him, himself, for hurting you. He wasn’t, however, planning on Leaven to use you as a shield...”

“Where is Seven?” I asked as I pressed a button to move up the back of my bed up so I could get in a sitting position.

“Ummm, he is in Washington, D.C. He has a meeting with his boss.”

“Oh ... is he in trouble?”

“No, I don’t think so. But don’t worry, Seven promised that he would be back in time to make it to your party.”

“Party?”

Heaven gave me a guilty expression. “Party?! Did I say party? I meant ... marty -- Okay, I fail at covering that slip up. But yeah, it was going to be a surprise, but I guess the beans are out of the bag now...”

“You look like Hell,” a male spoke.

Looking by the door I saw Max standing there with a smile on his face. I noticed that his arm was in a splint and white gauze was wrapped around his waist.